Zetor 5245 fuel problems

/ Zetor 5245 fuel problems #1  

solarsun

Tractor
zetor 5245
Can I view or download a Workshop manual or fuel system diagram for my 5245 anywhere? New member by the way!

/ Zetor 5245 fuel problems #2  
Don't know, but if you describe what you're going through we can help you out. A fuel system isn't that hard to trouble shoot.

/ Zetor 5245 fuel problems
I had to pump the primer alot before it would start so I removed the fuel bowl and cleaned, changed the primer rubber seal and changed washers on the filter in the bowl, checked and tighten hoses and now I can't get any pressure on the primer so no fuel is getting into the bowl. When I take off the hose from the tank and lower it I'm getting fuel but not when it is level with the bowl connection. When I pump the primer I can see air bubbles in the bowl, I took it off and filled it with fuel to see if that would help, and also there is a burbing sound so I'm assuming there is a air leak somewhere. So I wanted to see where the inlet is connected to the tank which is difficult to see with the cab on. I have seen the new version of the primer pump, at approx. $75 I didn't want to spend that for nothing. Any help will be appreciated, one thing I've learned " IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT "!

/ Zetor 5245 fuel problems #4  
I think I understand what you've been though so far.

If it were me, I'd bypass everything up to the pump. (Fuel tank, lines, ect). Run a temp hose to the pump and into a container with a clean fuel, my favorite is a mason jar.

Try that and report back.

If there is a break (pre pump) there is a good chance it will leak air in (under suction) and not fuel out.

/ Zetor 5245 fuel problems
I did use a temp hose and started at the bowl and it turned out to be a bad gasket on the bowl, I ordered a new one and it fixed the problem. Pumped up nicely and started right up, thanks for the idea of the temp hose.

/ Zetor 5245 fuel problems #6  
Glad you got it sorted out!