7745 4x4 front right tire locked up

/ 7745 4x4 front right tire locked up #1  

reco31

Tractor
Zetor 7745, MF 35, MF 175, Fordson Major
Hello everyone, I am looking for some help. I was baling some hay today when the tractor seemed to be under a great deal of "load" and not from the baler, when all of a sudden the right front tire locked up and was skidding. It let loose after a meter or 2 with a loud clunk. So that was it for baling with it, I drove it home (only half a kilometer) with a couple more clunks from the right tire area. I was in 2 wheel drive and going in a straight line when it first happened. I haven't looked at it yet, I grabbed another tractor and kept baling. Any thoughts?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

/ 7745 4x4 front right tire locked up #2  
Either the bearings piled up or some of the teeth on the planetary gears went through the gears.

/ 7745 4x4 front right tire locked up
Yeah could be, it's raining here today so I guess I'll start by taking the tire off and the hub cover and see what's inside. Good way to start?

Hmmm, anyone know how to get inside the hub? There is a cap held on with 3 flat head bolts and 12 bolts around the outside? Thanks

Yeah I got the hub apart and it was the main larger bearing that was completely destroyed, missing a couple rollers that got crunched up. Thankfully all the gears look great in there so I'll replace the 2 bearings and seals and should be good to go, I also need a lower kingpin bearing, the upper looks brand new.