any ideas on what my Zetor 5211 with Leon 590 loader is worth?

/ any ideas on what my Zetor 5211 with Leon 590 loader is worth? #1  

Brambleberry

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota 4850 EverClutch
I bought a '94 Zetor 5211 last year to replace my old Ferguson TO-35, mostly because I always wanted a tractor with a loader. It's turning out to be way bigger and heavier than I like for what I do around the small farm we have and I am not a big fan of the loader, mostly because I have access to a Case 440CT skidsteer and it totally spoiled me on material moving! I am now looking to sell or trade the Zetor and just use the skidsteer when I need a loader, decided the ol Ferguson has been such a sturdy standby that I want to just keep it going as long as I can.

I gave $5000 for the Zetor last December, got it just outside of Berea, KY. I am trying to figure out what it's worth to post it on local forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the lingering issues it has (that I've found so far):

-power assist steering cylinder has no power, likely a busted seal but I can still do what I need to do with the manual steering, just harder on the arms
-parking brake cable is stuck, probably just needs to me yanked around and made to move again but not totally sure
-loader joystick "nipple" pops out of the bushing frequently when using the loader--easy to just pop back in and use but annoying.
-loader mounting frame has a few hairline cracks that have been welded and are re-opening (barely--hairline)
-loader mounting frame missing a ton of bolts, not sure what the installer was thinking. All joints have at least one bolt so it works, but really needs them all installed for long-term use
-foot pedal throttle sticks (open) but is easy to use your boot tip to pull back up (closed).
-loader is hooked up to rear remote hydraulics so the lever is bungeed back to keep it working. Works, but seems like it would be better to tap into the main hydraulics for the loader.
-hydraulic fluid is milky, needs changed

I'm thinking that if I could get out of it what I paid for the tractor and not fix any of these things that would be a pretty good deal. ..but also toying with the idea of just fixing most of them if I could increase the price. The loader itself is in really nice shape, all cylinders are perfect, the diesel engine starts right up on the first few cranks everytime, and the rear pto is totally fine, been using my 6' flail mower and it does great.

I am showing it to a person in a week or two that has an older gas skidsteer in good shape that they want to trade. ..thinking this might be a good option since the skidsteer is probably worth a little less than the tractor so I can be honest about the issues mentioned above. Even though I have access to the bigger skidsteer, I'm thinking a smaller skidsteer for material moving/cleaning out stalls/etc coupled with the Ferguson tractor would be a good combo.

What do you all think? I am in southern IN for what that's worth. ..one hour south of Bloomington, IN and one hour northwest of Louisville KY.

IMG_20160919_141312855_HDR[1].jpgIMG_20160919_141312855_HDR[1].jpgIMG_20160919_141312855_HDR[1].jpgIMG_20160919_141834808[1].jpgIMG_20160919_141801653_HDR[1].jpgIMG_20160919_142135792[1].jpgIMG_20160919_142036464_HDR[1].jpgIMG_20160919_141912563_HDR[1].jpg

/ any ideas on what my Zetor 5211 with Leon 590 loader is worth? #2  
Seem that 5k maybe a high due (at least around here) to the current issues, with some repairs maybe . The milky fluid would make a lot of people walk away because that can be an indicator of more major problems. Also the missing bolts, stuck cables, and cracks sort of screams lack of maintenance. At local auction I would expect about 3K.

/ any ideas on what my Zetor 5211 with Leon 590 loader is worth?
thanks--good to know

/ any ideas on what my Zetor 5211 with Leon 590 loader is worth?
The milky fluid would make a lot of people walk away because that can be an indicator of more major problems.

What major problems can this indicate? I was assuming someone just used hydraulic implements that had water in the lines and that's what's making the fluid milky. ..

/ any ideas on what my Zetor 5211 with Leon 590 loader is worth? #5  
If you decide to sell the machine it may well be worth spending a little time and money fixing some of the issues and getting a few issues cleared up. Would make it far more marketable. Good luck!!

/ any ideas on what my Zetor 5211 with Leon 590 loader is worth? #6  
Check on some of the exporters. Occasionally they advertise and buy zetors to send back. they probably wont want the loader. the loader frame can be made fit other tractors, the full frame design is good. I would look for 3 or so for the tractor and 2 or so for the loader.

/ any ideas on what my Zetor 5211 with Leon 590 loader is worth? #7  
Why don't you contact your nearest ZETOR dealer. Importer has its registered office in Florida, currently importer publishes the advertisement on the website about the show in Louisville, KY (ZETOR NORTH AMERICA) there will participate importer. It's close to you and you can contact directly to one of the dealer or directly to the importer.

08.jpg

If you need spare parts you can contact the dealer or the importer - Contacts - ZETOR NORTH AMERICA

/ any ideas on what my Zetor 5211 with Leon 590 loader is worth? #8  
I gave $10,400 new for my in 1992. When the business ate my small farms I sold it in 1996 for $6200 with 200 hours.

I loved the tractor but it was no Ford, etc. I got it stuck a lot because it weights nearly the same as the much larger version because from the back of the block to the tip of the lift arms are the same for all of that generation I was told.

They are German engineered it seems and built in Eastern Europe. Best of luck getting your money back. Trading for something that works for you does sound like a good idea. I hope my old one does not turn up for sale. While I loved it they were on the crude side 25 years ago. Due to the weight I think it would pull like a 5000 Ford perhaps.