Zetor proxima 85

/ Zetor proxima 85 #1  

Brian724

Tractor
Zetor Proxima 85
New here and looking to purchase a new tractor. Have been looking at deer 5075e, nh t4.75, Mahindra mpower 85, kubota m5-91,and the proxima 85p. Have not say in the nh yet but really liked the proxima and Kubota. I have a dealer for all mentioned brands within a 40 minute drive. Only dealer I have experience with is the kubota dealer with my rtv 1100. I currently am running a Ford 7710 2wd with cab. Mostly just need a tractor for brush hog and to make about 60 round bales. Anyone specifically own a proxima?

/ Zetor proxima 85 #2  
Zetor also makes Major 80 that is somewhat lighter and cheaper. Major has no electronics. It is easier to work on. I don't own a Zetor but I know a guy who does haying and owns Major 80. Loves the machine.

/ Zetor proxima 85 #3  
Proxima 85hp is a very good choice. It is a powerful mechanical tractor. If you compare it to the Kubota M5-91:
it has a higher lifting force of the rear hydraulics by approx. 20%
a higher hydraulic oil flow to the remotes
a higher output on the PTO about 15%.

Zetor are more resistant TRACTORS.:)

/ Zetor proxima 85
Thank you for the responses. Since posting I also stopped and looked at the kioti 7320. Cab was a little tighter but also couple thousand pounds lighter. The price was 34900 with cab and loader. The zetor quote was 47k. I will only out about 60 hours a year on the tractor and having a hard time justifying the extra 12 Grand. My zetor dealer doesn't have any majors. The proxima he has is a tier 3 machine which is another plus. The kioti dealer is coming to appraise my trade on Tuesday. Then I can see exactly which way to go. Leaning Red as of now. Just afraid that in ten years I won't be able to find parts.

/ Zetor proxima 85 #5  
Tractor Zetor celebrates its 70th anniversary, 37 in the US, you have to see: AgriMarketing.com - Zetor Tractor Celebrates Its 70th Anniversary, 37 In The U.S., ZETOR was here, is and will be in the US next min. 100 years.

If you are looking at the KIOTI 7320, I recommend ZETOR MAJOR 80 even with a loader (until the end of September 2017 loader is a free - ZETOR NORTH AMERICA)

If you compare KIOTI 7320 and MAJOR 80 - this is not possible, KIOTI is a toy, MAJOR is an agricultural tractor - look at the hydraulic parameters, the displacement and more. The performance in the brochure, depending on KomonRail, is at 2,600 revolutions (with much higher engine and engine wear than at 1,500 MAJOR). After ten years MAJOR will be in the best condition, Kioti will be breathtaking pensioner with the possibility of a very expensive repair.

Who is your the nearest ZETOR dealer ?

/ Zetor proxima 85
I have a small dealer about 40 minutes from me called Morris machinery. They're a small family owned business that seems to be honest and take care of their customers from word of mouth. I had him come out today and valued my trade. I also met his main mechanic which seemed very knowledgeable.

/ Zetor proxima 85 #7  
@Brian-

I was also looking at the Kioti 7320. I'm curious how you think it compares to the more robust Zetor, keeping in mind it costs about 25% less. With 60~100 hours/year on a machine it'll take more than 10 years to get to 1000 hours. I'd expect either machine to be trouble free for most of that; even at 20 years and 2000 hours I wouldn't expect much trouble. I have no doubt the Zetor is more tractor, but parts would concern me as would the extra $12k. Just curious where this leads for you... Best of luck.

/ Zetor proxima 85 #8  
I think those Zetor tractors look pretty dang tough. I didnt even think of them when I was shopping for a kubota m7060. Dont know why, I think I forgot. The specs are really good, and they appear to be a stronger tractor too! Tier 3 emissions too! I dont think you can go wrong...thinking of it, Had I known a little more, I probably would have went with a Zetor Major instead of the 7060. would have saved a few thousand.

/ Zetor proxima 85 #9  
My neighbor is on his second Zetor. He traded in his first one for a bigger one to pull a batwing mower. He really likes Zetor and highly recommends them. I've never driven his tractors, but I see him out mowing about once a week. He loves to keep his 240 acres mowed!!!! Because of him, I would look at them when I get around to buying a cab tractor. Mahindra is also on my list, as well as Kubota.

/ Zetor proxima 85 #10  
ZETOR is a good choice. A reasonable farmer should not be forgotten when choosing a tractor. My experience with this brand is only positive.
The price / performance ratio is excellent, I have a good quality tractor for a small money.
Zetor is not a tractor that should be compared to KIOTI, TYM, etc., but compared to big boys - John Deer, Case, Kubota.
ZETOR wins in technical parameters over these big boys and the price is very pretty.