2016 Zetor Major 80

/ 2016 Zetor Major 80 #2  
Hi Dusan,

I have experience with ZETOR tractors (I have FORTERRA 150HD), I had old ZETO MAJOR 60hp - it was unbelievable tractor 110% functionality.
A slight downside compared to the competition is comfort in the cabin. But you need to realize what you want to use the tractor:

1. work around your farm
2. set up date with girls

If you want to buy it for work, I recommend the ZETOR MAJOR 80, in all technical parameters is better than the competition from big boys (JD, NH, CASE, KUBOTA etc., power on PTO, lift capacity of hydraulics, front loader and much more)

What is unbelievable for ZETOR that this company has gone through its own engines with mechanical pumps that handle all emission EPA standards (without problems with CommonRail) and some dealers has TIER 3 models.

It would be best if you could try it out. I think that currently ZETOR has program for free front loader for all models !!!

Milan.

/ 2016 Zetor Major 80
Hi Dusan,

I have experience with ZETOR tractors (I have FORTERRA 150HD), I had old ZETO MAJOR 60hp - it was unbelievable tractor 110% functionality.
A slight downside compared to the competition is comfort in the cabin. But you need to realize what you want to use the tractor:

1. work around your farm

If you want to buy it for work, I recommend the ZETOR MAJOR 80, in all technical parameters is better than the competition from big boys (JD, NH, CASE, KUBOTA etc., power on PTO, lift capacity of hydraulics, front loader and much more)

What is unbelievable for ZETOR that this company has gone through its own engines with mechanical pumps that handle all emission EPA standards (without problems with CommonRail) and some dealers has TIER 3 models.

It would be best if you could try it out. I think that currently ZETOR has program for free front loader for all models !!!

Milan.

Thanks Milan, I am planning on test driving one next week.

/ 2016 Zetor Major 80 #4  
Hi Dusan,

1. work around your farm

Milan.

I could be wrong, but it is my understanding the reason why Zetor does not have to meet emissions is because they have not sold enough tractors in the USA to meet the requirements yet and they will not for several more years. Each manufacturer was allowed to sell X amount of tractors then they would have to meet emissions. Not many Zetors are sold here.

/ 2016 Zetor Major 80 #5  
Dear Btown,

Let me fix you a bit, ZETOR sells many tractors in North America, somewhere I read that it has already sold more than 35,000 units of agricultural tractors. I'm thinking that the reason for the TIER 3 models is that there are exceptions to the import tractors (unfortunately, the big boys probably do not have it).

Visit the ZETOR dealer and try his tractors - you will be very surprised.

/ 2016 Zetor Major 80 #6  
Dear Btown,

Let me fix you a bit, ZETOR sells many tractors in North America, somewhere I read that it has already sold more than 35,000 units of agricultural tractors. I'm thinking that the reason for the TIER 3 models is that there are exceptions to the import tractors (unfortunately, the big boys probably do not have it).

Visit the ZETOR dealer and try his tractors - you will be very surprised.

All most all tractors are imported besides some large 150 plus hp ones. Zetor claims to have sold over 29,000 tractors in the USA in 40 years of being here. That’s about 728 tractors sold per year. Their new Major line are rebadged TYM tractors and meet tier IV emissions. It appears their larger tractors will also be Tier IV by the end of 2018. The exception was that they were able to build so many engines prior to tier IV. They sell so few here, they still are allowed to sell them. Manufacturers can still sell non Tier IV engines. They just get fines, which make it uncompetitive. Navistar was doing it for a year or two with their tractor trailer trucks, but the EPA gave them small fines. The other manufacturers complained and Navistar had to comply. I think the maximum fine was over $10,000 per engine but the EPA was only fining them a little over $2,000 per engine. Tractors are a little different then cars. A tractor could be made in 2012 sold New in 2015 and be called a 2015. You cannot do that to a car.

/ 2016 Zetor Major 80 #7  
I do not read so much newspaper, I do not have time to watch the EPA, but I am the owner of ZETOR and I am very happy with it. Even on social networks, I have read that ZETOR mounts into its tractors not a commonrail engine that meets the TIER4B / FINAL limits. I only have the best experience with simple ZETOR mechanical motors and I appreciate that someone is not using commonrail technology. I know a lot of farmers who have problems with commonrails.

/ 2016 Zetor Major 80 #8  
I did not say ZETOR made a inferior or poor product. They make a nice reliable product. Common rail diesels are very sensitive to poor fuel quality.

/ 2016 Zetor Major 80 #9  
Yes, ZETOR is very reliable, has low cost of ownership and a trouble-free engine without commonrail is a big advantage.