Thinking of buying a Zetor-Good choice?

/ Thinking of buying a Zetor-Good choice? #1  

40_acre_mule

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701
Howdy, all.
I've had a 1980 Ford 4000 with a Bush-hog FEL for about 6 years. It has worked well for me, but now the maintenance is starting to nickel and dime me to no end. Seems like some little thing is always breaking.
Anyway, the LOML has come into a little money and told me to buy a new tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I didn't grow up around tractors and the Ford was my 1st and only, so I don't really know that much about the different brands. I've visited all the local dealers (John Deere, Ford-Montana, Kubota-Case, and Zetor-Mahindra. I've read what I could find on the internet.
It seems like the best deal for me is the Zetor C47L. I'll get the most tractor for my money ($19,400 4WD w/FEL).
My dilemma is that I don't know anything about Zetor tractors. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Any words of advice?

/ Thinking of buying a Zetor-Good choice? #2  
There is plenty to read up on here: search on Zetor as keyword. When you get to specific questions ask away!

There is also euro based www.zetorworld.com

/ Thinking of buying a Zetor-Good choice? #3  
40_acre_mule

On 02/18/05, I bought a new 4341.1 Zetor tractor with cab, with 4X4, with shuttle transmission, 55 PTO horsepower, and with a 102SL loader. So far, I haven't put very many hours on this tractor and loader, but I really like it. The main thing that I liked about this tractor and loader was the price that I gave for it. There was no other tractor brand dealership that could come near the price that I paid for this tractor and loader. A Zetor tractor is a very nice tractor, and is a heavy tractor for the PTO size horsepower that they make in their tractor.

You can learn a lot about Zetor tractors on this board. Take your time, and read all the post about Zetor tractors. Also, you can check the Zetor tractors out on their website at http://www.zetor.com

If you are thinking about buying a Zetor tractor, I think you will not go wrong on buying one of these tractors. Make sure when you price a Zetor tractor that you get the size PTO horsepower you want, and all the other things that might be extra that you want. The things that I got extra on my tractor was with cab, 4X4, shuttle transmission, block heater, instructional seat, and 102SL loader.

Just my opinion about Zetor tractors.

Cabinholler

/ Thinking of buying a Zetor-Good choice? #4  
I have a Century 3045, which is now the Zetor C47L. So when doing your research remember that the compact Zetor's used to be called Century. Without going into a lot of boring detail Zetor's are manufactured by Kukje out of South Korea. They also make the Branson line of tractors which is the Zetor's twin brother. Kukje also has made a very well known brand <font color="green"> tractor </font> for their oversea market.

I did a 2 year search before I bought my tractor starting with the "Big 3". After that I looked at the lesser known tractors. I looked at the Century line after hearing about them on the internet and I am glad I did. The Century is extremely well built, HEAVY, and substantially cheaper than the other brands. The Century 3045 had the exact same diesel engine as the comparable John Deere that I was looking at. I saved from $3000 to $7000 over comparabe "Big 3" brands.

I have been really happy with my 3045. The heavy weight and high lift capacity of the C50hl loader has been impressive.

Those of us that have Century/Branson/Zetors I think will all agree that we are very happy with our decision and had a large amount of $$$ left over compared to other brands. Those of us that have had warranty items have been happy with the work performed and commitment to get things right by the dealers and the company.

Hope this helps a little.

/ Thinking of buying a Zetor-Good choice? #5  
Plain and simple...I think this really sums it up and I bet most of the people in the Branson/Zetor/Century dungeon would agree.....

Pricing/configuration aside...based on what you have in functionality and quality would you buy your tractor again?

I will give you an unwaivering YES!...nuff said /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Thinking of buying a Zetor-Good choice? #6  
My Zetor was made in Brno, Czech Republic... when did mfr move to S. Korea?

Is that for the Century line only??

/ Thinking of buying a Zetor-Good choice? #7  
The Century compact is made in Korea
The Zetor has been built in the Czech Republic since 1946, they started building tractors there after the war. It is my understanding that the Germans built the factory during WW2, and built tanks there.
Chuck M.

/ Thinking of buying a Zetor-Good choice? #8  
<font color="red"> My dilemma is that I don't know anything about Zetor tractors. Any words of advice? </font>

My words of advice are very limited. Look up a member called "Chipperman" here on TBN (his real name is Jay). He knows more about Zetor than anyone else (as well he should) and he can answer every question you have regarding the brand. Chipperman is the expert on the brand and should be able to help you with all your needs & questions.

BTW, I believe only the small Zetors are Korean made. The large units are, I believe, still made in Europe.

/ Thinking of buying a Zetor-Good choice? #9  
Only the C-series Zetors, (the compacts), are built in S.Korea, and only sold in the USA. All other Zetors are built in Czech and are entirely different from the Kukje-built compacts.

/ Thinking of buying a Zetor-Good choice? #10  
I have a 2535 Century tractor and my neighbor has a 45 hp Zetor. We're both happy with our tractors and would probalby buy them again. Both of us feel we need more power, but don't want to pay for larger tractors. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Buy the most power you can afford, you won't regret it.

Most of the new tractors are pretty good. I'm not aware of one being that much better than the other. Kind of similar to the auto market.

The most important thing to consider is your dealer. Will he be there down the road? Will he honor his warantee? Does he do what he says he will? Can he get the parts for you?

This sounds simple enough, but even with the big "3" you'll find complaints about the dealer and support. All tractors will break down in time. Fixing them is more important than up front cost.

Eddie