Zetor 6245 four wheel drive problem

/ Zetor 6245 four wheel drive problem #1  

skyeten

My zetor will not operate in four wheel drive, at the moment it is running in 2wd with the front prop shaft disconnected. As soon as the prop is put back on the vehicle steering locks up. The steering pump has been replaced recently but this did not affect the problem. Is this a known fault or can anyone help ?
Thanks
Alan /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Zetor 6245 four wheel drive problem #3  
Hello Skyeten
I showed peter your question and here is his answer.

Very unusual symptom, no history. My first guess is one of kingpin bearings.
Jack the front end and check any jumps or irregular feel or slack in the
king pins. Kingpin bearings can have rust in and when you engage FWD, the
slight drag, which is always present, will make turning wheels around king
pins difficult.
By the way, what model and year is it?

Hope that helps, if you want you could go the www.zetor.com site then go to support and then ask the service manager and Peter will respond. It may take a day or two for him to get back to you or if you need help sooner just call 877-Go Zetor and press 2 for service you will most likely have to leave a message but Peter will get back to you.
Thanks and Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Zetor 6245 four wheel drive problem
Thanks for the info re the problem, the model is 6245 and year is 1990. I will post the info on zetor.com as suggested.
Thanks
Alan
BTW I live in the UK on the Isle of Skye (Scotland)

/ Zetor 6245 four wheel drive problem
I have now purchased a workshop manual and am trying to locate the "kingpins " to enable me to check them, I cant find any mention of them in the manuals, can someone advise where they are located ? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif