4341 Zetor Tractor Engine Rings Question

/ 4341 Zetor Tractor Engine Rings Question #1  

Cabinholler

Silver Member
I own a 2004 Zetor 4341 tractor with cab, with 4X4, with shuttle, and with a 102SL loader that I bought new this passed February. This tractor now has 110 hours on it. My farm is all in grass. I use this tractor mostly in haying and with a rotary cutter, and other odd jobs.

My question is this: With 110 hours on this tractor, I need to start pulling this tractor harder to seat the engine rings. At the present time, I haven't pull this tractor hard enough to seat the engine rings I think, or they could be seated because the tractor doesn't use any oil at the present time. My neighbor has a cattle operation, and he grinds his own feed with a grinder mixer. He told me that I could bring my tractor over to his farm and pull his grinder mixer, and that would seat my engine rings. I was wondering if pulling his grinder mixer with my tractor would seat the engine rings. If so, at how many RPMs should I run my tractor to seat the engine rings, and for how long time wise pulling this grinder mixer.

A reply to this post by anyone would be most appreciated.

The water will never clear up until you get the hogs out of the pond. (You got to find what the trouble is, and eliminate it).

Cabinholler

/ 4341 Zetor Tractor Engine Rings Question #2  
Congrats on your 110 hours I have 160 on mine.

I seated the rings by pulling a 4x18 on land plow & plowed 30 year untouched field. The field is rough uneven and hilly so I was everywhere from idle to full power & lugging down. When rpm's dropped below 1800 I'd lift the plow. I think peak torque is 1600-1800 rpms. 3-4 hours & managed to get the temp gage to redline as well. Mainly stayed in 4th gear, 5th would pull & redline the temp & rpm but the field was way too rough for the operator.

The plow is rated for roughly 10-12K pulling force depending on soil.

A continuous load would break in as well the idea is to load the engine just before the point it starts to drop rpm's. Maybe something like 20 mins peak load then cool down then load for 2-3 hour cycle sounds reasonable.

Maybe Nebraska Tractor Test Lab has a fixed break in cycle before they run tests.

I imagine your bush hog gave the motor a workout last summer.

My tractor does not burn oil or leak anything else for that matter.