Century Tractors By Zetor

/ Century Tractors By Zetor #1  

PitbullMidwest

Platinum Member
Tractor
1998 Kubota L2900GST
While surfing I came across Century Tractors by Zetor. I re-read the thread here on TBN about Zetor (mostly negitive opinion, little actual experience) and am wondering if Century are in the same class as the TYM Avengers and Bransons?

Anyone own one or know anything about them? Pricing?

8-72214-signature.jpg

/ Century Tractors By Zetor #2  
<font color=blue>...about Zetor (mostly negitive opinion, little actual experience) and am wondering if Century are in the same class as the TYM Avengers and Bransons?...</font color=blue>

No & Yes... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Pitbull, yes Century is another name for the Korean import using Yanmar and Korean diesels instead of Kubota and John Deere...

No, I've never heard any bad on Zetor {if so don't tell Mark C. cause they probably helped build his EarthForce... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif} I've only heard "tough cold starting machines"... but their MWFD is superb, lot's of heavy duty cast iron throughout the entire tractor giving loads of mass, and even John Deere has them painted green and sold under JD name in the S.A. market... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Century Tractors By Zetor #3  
It seems you just don't hear much at all about the Zetors; just see one once in a great while. I've visited one dealer and of course he told me how great they are (he only had one dismantled in the shop at the time), but someone posted a message a long time ago about waiting months for a common part if I remember right.

BirdSig.jpg

/ Century Tractors By Zetor #4  
Hi Pitbull!

Zetor is only a manufacturer of Standard Tractors in the Czech republic, they built no compacts, czech compacts are the tractors You know as "Wisconsin". Zetor Tractors are very strong built tractors, much tractor for Your money with the attachments of expensiver ones in that Range. Some of the Zetors are made as ZTS in slovakia.

Bernhard, Derichsweiler, Germany

/ Century Tractors By Zetor #5  
The one I saw was a nice looking tractor. The only thing I didn't like was the oil or fuel tank (can't remember which) was mounted under the right floorboard. It was, to me, in harms way.

/ Century Tractors By Zetor #7  
kioti85,

You are correct, the fuel tank is mounted under the right floorboard. It is easier to fuel than the top tank design.

FWIW,
Michael