The 743DS was my first tractor, bought it used for $6,000 at 1750 hours and it came with a snow plow, dirt bucket (smooth edged), pallet forks.
I added a stump bucket and a hydraulic grapple, box blade, trailer hitch receiver to my set of implements.
Some of the stuff I have used it for:
- tree uprooting and removal (using stump bucket to break roots)
- firewood log handling (grapple)
- raw land grading (box blade)
- excavated 500 ft of driveway
- barn construction (large auger for poles)
- building destruction
- The air filled tires are a weak point. Have had to reset them on the rim after running with low air.
- The 36HP engine delivers enough power to get plenty of work done. I was amazed at how much I could handle with such a small machine.
- The size is perfect for selective work thinning trees in a woods lot. It can squeeze through the trees without damaging the ones I need to leave.
- At under 5,000lbs it is easy to haul with a pickup.
- The machine sips fuel - very low fuel use.
- Auxiliary hydraulics, at 11gpm, are sufficient to run large auger and the grapple that I use with no difficulty.
- Parts are cheap and the Bobcat dealer is always helpful in spite of the fact that I do all my own repairs.