Newest Addition to New Holland’s Boomer™ Line
NEW HOLLAND, Pa., (February 9, 2009) – New Holland announces the introduction of the new Boomer 8N, a compact tractor that combines vintage design with modern, innovative amenities.
The latest addition to the company’s Boomer line, the redesigned 8N features distinctive, timeless styling, a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) that creates a fun, easy, car-like driving experience as well as a variety of customizable accessories. First sold in 1948, this updated version of the classic 8N is now available to consumers seeking reliable power wrapped in a compact and time-honored package.
Whatever the job requires – whether loading mulch, mowing the lawn, clearing a pasture or digging a trench – the new Boomer 8N tractor makes it fun, easy and comfortable for serious rural lifestylers or hobby farmers to complete any task.
Key features include:
* Distinctive styling including a red chassis, gray hood and fenders – the same timeless look of the original 8N
* Continuously Variable Transmission that operates like an automatic transmission with speed progressions that are seamless and smooth. There is no reason to switch gears or use a clutch – one pedal makes it go.
* Customization allows you to make the Boomer 8N your own through chrome accessories, canopies, decals and more
* Chrome exhaust and grab handles
* Upgraded control knobs
* Diamond-plated floorboards
* Chromed steps
* 50 horsepower engine with a 2,800 pound, 3-point lift capacity
* Four-cylinder, naturally aspirated diesel engine with large cubic-inch displacement for added durability
* Four-wheel drive axle, which increases traction and enhances maneuverability
* Large operating platform, allowing plenty of leg room to stretch out, with tilt, telescoping steering wheel, power steering, adjustable seats and storage tray with cup holder
* Deluxe 3-point hitch including telescoping stabilizers and flexible link ends for easy attachment of implements
* Two-position extendable drawbar with swinging capability
“We’re excited to introduce landowners to the New Holland Boomer 8N, a modern compact tractor that acknowledges its heritage,” said Doran Herritt, compact marketing manager, New Holland. “Since 1917, New Holland has provided its customers with tractors that are dependable, versatile and easy to operate. With superior quality and distinctive style, the redesigned 8N is the perfect addition to the New Holland Boomer line.”
The new Boomer 8N, which will be available to consumers nationwide beginning in April 2009, is the 11th model in the Boomer compact tractor line. Like the new 8N, all Boomer tractors are known for their top-of-the-line appearance, ease of use, innovation, power, maneuverability and value. Boomer compact tractors are easy to service and maintain and come in a variety of sizes certain to fit any landowner’s needs. Whether maintaining a few acres or farming to make a living, Boomer compact tractors can handle a long list of chores fast and efficiently.