When the winter months hit, one of the most fun (and productive) things you can do with your compact tractor is plow snow. Whether you use your loader, a snow blower, a blade, or something else entirely, a ccompact tractor is one of the best tools money can buy for snow removal. So check out these great snow removal setups for your compact tractor and see which is right for you. For help setting up your tractor for snow removal, post a question in our popular snow removal forum.
The classic front blade (also known as a snow blade, snow plow, or dozer blade) can be mounted directly to the tractor via a sub frame, or to the front-end loader either with or without a bucket installed. This option will give you the ability to push snow and deflect it when the blade is angled. A front mount blade gives you the best visibility of your clearing path. A hydraulic-powered angling mechanism will provide the best ease of use, while a manual adjustment will be most economical.
- Add a rubber or plastic cutting edge and a set of skid shoes to prevent damaging paved driveways or concrete walkways.
- Proven technology used for more than a century
- Front mount provides superior visibility
- Deflects snow to the side and also pushes
- High initial investment for hydraulic-powered models