Gator electrical issues

/ Gator electrical issues #1  

glennw27

Tractor
gator 825i
My Gator 825i is blowing the starter fuse. It does hot blow when it starts only after you drive it and stop. When you try to start again the starter will not engage and the fuse is blown

/ Gator electrical issues #2  
My Gator 825i is blowing the starter fuse. It does hot blow when it starts only after you drive it and stop. When you try to start again the starter will not engage and the fuse is blown

When did it start blowing the fuse and are there any not stock parts on it(work lights, stuff like that). If you start it , shut it off then try to restart is it already blown? Or does it have to run a while.

/ Gator electrical issues
It has running lites and not sure if fuse blows with lites on or off. I may drive it two times or more before it blows. Looked at all wiring and did not find any problems. You don't know when fuse blows until you try to crank it. Instrument panel and lites work when fuse blows

/ Gator electrical issues #4  
I looked around on other forums as good as I could and only found one other person complaining of fuse blowing but they didnt say why. May have to call dealer on this one.:laughing:

/ Gator electrical issues #5  
I own a RTV1100 so not familiar with yours, but a blown fuse is usually due to overload. Like adding accessories to a circuit that makes it draw too much voltage etc. or a wire that is rubbing and shorting out on something. Good grounds are important as well.
Suggest you trace back from the starter and look at the wiring for breaks or loose or corroded connections.
Do you have a manual? Can you check voltage etc?
Don't, whatever you do, put a bigger fuse in it to solve the problem. The damage it will eventually do will cause more problems and take more money to fix.

Last edited:
   / Gator electrical issues #6  
Here is a diagram of a starting circuit.

Your fuse may actually be between the ignition switch and the starter solenoid or like this and in the fuse panel before it feeds the ignition switch.

Anyway the problem is most likely between the fuse panel to the ignition switch or from the switch to the solenoid.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• starter.jpg
    starter.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 5,328