pin on pallet fork bushings

/ pin on pallet fork bushings #1  

Mallard1

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320
I started building a set of pin of pallet forks for my NH 1920 yesterday. the mounts on the back will be 4x3/8 flat and 4x6x3/8 angle. on my bucket between the mounts and where it connects to the loader are bushings. my pins are 1" diameter, would a cut down 1" pipe nipple be fine or should I use something else?

/ pin on pallet fork bushings #2  
I've read that most of the fabricators on here use 1/4" wall DOM steel tubing for that.

/ pin on pallet fork bushings
Thanks for the help, I picked up 7' today, (it was the shortest drop they had and I hate leaving people with short drops as I sell chain, conveyor belt etc and hate the drops) so i'll have plenty for future use. I hope to get this knocked out in the next few days. I'll post pictures as i go.

/ pin on pallet fork bushings #4  
You might want to add a little more rollback angle to the fork frame than the bucket has.

You can also make it fit your quick hitch on the three point, so it will work on either end. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the pictures.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg

This is as far as I got tonight. The fit seems good, I have to cut the bushings to take out the side to side slop. Also have to weld it solid. Cut slots for chain. Build the headache rack

I welded everything up solid tonight and bowed it a little. I should have clamped it down better. I set the forks on and picked up the back of a 5x8 trailer about 24" out on the forks with the forks slid to the center to see the flex of the top plate. It bowed out about 3/16" while lifting. Any ideas on the best way to brace this up? Here Is a picture of the back side

image.jpg

My thought was to weld a piece of 1/2x2 flat plate perpendicular to the top plate and cap the 2x4 tube in the center?

/ pin on pallet fork bushings #7  
Hindsight is always 20/20...probably should have built the frame out of 2x4 stock and welded a piece of angle across the top to hang the forks on.
I'd try bracing it with some 3/16" 1 1/2" or 2" tubing across the top below the fork lip and the bottom as well.

/ pin on pallet fork bushings #8  
I welded everything up solid tonight and bowed it a little. I should have clamped it down better. I set the forks on and picked up the back of a 5x8 trailer about 24" out on the forks with the forks slid to the center to see the flex of the top plate. It bowed out about 3/16" while lifting. Any ideas on the best way to brace this up? Here Is a picture of the back side

View attachment 441584

My thought was to weld a piece of 1/2x2 flat plate perpendicular to the top plate and cap the 2x4 tube in the center?
Yep, like this? That should do it.:thumbsup:

image.jpg

Got to use the forks this weekend and they work good, being able to lift logs and carry them is so much better than shoving them with the bucket.

However while in the woods bush hogging the duck holes I kicked a limb up and knocked a line out of the hydraulic manifold block. Looks like new holland has discontinued that part so going to see if I can drill and tap one size larger???

Thanks for the help with the forks, I still have to build the headache rack but think I will like having them on the tractor

Good news, it just broke the adapter fitting so $4.00 later and I'm back going.