NEED HELP! any one do right of way clearing for power companies gas pipe lines?

/ NEED HELP! any one do right of way clearing for power companies gas pipe lines? #1  
I wanna get started in right of way clearing but I don't kno how to get in touch with the companies to find out the requirements and bidding info. Any one do this for a living is it gud money help I need lots of info on this!

/ NEED HELP! any one do right of way clearing for power companies gas pipe lines? #2  
Look for the power companys website and search for the department that handles the ROW work. Cold calling is hit and miss so don't get down it you get nowhere. It's tough out there with the economy, so good luck.:)

/ NEED HELP! any one do right of way clearing for power companies gas pipe lines? #3  
palmetto,
I work for one, know little. It is no easy job. money to be made, but the utilities are like everyone, one day money, next day broke. You as a contractor will be first to go.
If you do get lucky, you will need much heavy equipment. some lines are pretty overgrown. may want clear cut. god knows what you will find under those lines. Many used as dumping ground. Hard on equipment.
Many different aspects to what you request. Line clearance (tree trimming only) right of way clearing (clearing out old growth) ROW mowing (just mowing grass) all done on different priority. If you have storm season, they will want tree trimming pretty regular. all the rest are pretty dependent on department budgets. Some company's better at this than others.

Heavyduty correct, search and ask for right of way department. They can point you to the right people. Have insurance, bonding, and price list in hand. They will want all, and why you are better than who they are using.
Plenty of $$ there if they turn loose of it. Good luck.

/ NEED HELP! any one do right of way clearing for power companies gas pipe lines? #4  
It looks to be a hard business to get started in from what I can see. There is a fellow around here that does ROW mowing with what looks to be a 100 hp NH that has so much armor it is hard to tell what the tractor is. You can also tell the tractor has been on its side more than once. I'll give him credit though. He takes that tractor places I would never consider going.

Good point about the insurance. The power companies will not even talk to you if you don't have it already and I'll bet it is expensive.

MarkV

/ NEED HELP! any one do right of way clearing for power companies gas pipe lines? #5  
Yeah, I remember thinking like you a few years ago about ROW mowing. I called them up and was told I would need 5 tractors with operators (BEFORE) I could even bid on the job, along with 5 years exp. Through the years, I have come to my own personal feelings on contract work. That alot of it is political. Who you know, married too, family ties, etc. I aint sayin you can't get in, you just got to find out how.;)

/ NEED HELP! any one do right of way clearing for power companies gas pipe lines? #6  
Quite a few years back I used to ride on an endro bike quite a few poer and gas company companiy right of ways. I can barely make passage on an endro. There is no way I could jave ever gotten even my TN through a lot of that terrain here in New England. Most of it would take a tracked vehicle. soem of it was so wet as to almosy need a boat. O pmce spent several hours cutting my way out of grape vines.

Andy

/ NEED HELP! any one do right of way clearing for power companies gas pipe lines? #7  
I built 2 tractor for a local gas company to do their mowing with.
The whole underside is 1/4" plated steel, it has a 12,000lb winch that can be used on the front or the back...and yes it has been used already!
ck20 engine failure 001.jpg

/ NEED HELP! any one do right of way clearing for power companies gas pipe lines? #8  
I built 2 tractor for a local gas company to do their mowing with.
The whole underside is 1/4" plated steel, it has a 12,000lb winch that can be used on the front or the back...and yes it has been used already!
View attachment 127392

What horsepower tractor is that Wallace? Do you foam the tires in that type of application?

MarkV