Alternator ?

/ Alternator ? #11  
I think your right, I didn't see the top of the "t" connector. I was looking at the angle picture.
I even bought the 2pin T connector.
I ordered :DB Electrical AND0212 Alternator For Chevy Mini Alternator For Denso Street Rod Race 3-Wire,Case Trencher Uni-loader Grasshopper Tractor,Gravely Tractor,Kubota Excavator,Tractor,Loader,Mower
From Amazon waiting on the alternator and connector. Now that I see the 3rd I'll have to order another if the alternator will work

Thanks again for all your help

Everyone has got you completely confused. There is one large output terminal and then in another location two small spade connectors. There is no other spade connector.

Look at this blown up picture of what you ordered from DB electric.

e3CATQP.jpg

Your big mistake was not ordering a one wire alternator. Now life will be much more complicated as you try and integrate the two small terminals into your existing wiring system.

Dave M7040

/ Alternator ? #12  
If you go to Amazon
DB Electrical AND0212 Alternator For Chevy Mini Alternator For Denso Street Rod Race 3-Wire

and view the 4th picture, it appears to have the 3 pins as aesmith suggested. I'll find out tomorrow, and let you know.

If it's 2 I found this:

Attachments

• wiring-diagram-denso-alternator-four-wire-best-of-a.gif
    wiring-diagram-denso-alternator-four-wire-best-of-a.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 3,468
   / Alternator ? #13  
Great. Actually that's not the same three connections that I was expecting, normally the third wire is remote sense. However at least it shows you how to wire up. Both "switched live" and "ignition light" need to be via the main switch, ie Off when the tractor is switched off. What I don't know with this particular alternator is whether it will work correctly without the warning light. Some rely on current from the light to start the alternator charging, but on some Japanese alternators that function is provided by the switched live, and the warning light is optional.

/ Alternator ? #14  
Incidentally and not to state the obvious, you don't have to use the special connector, you can use two normal blade terminals on your wires. The special connector is just for convenience and to stop you connecting the wires the wrong way round.