Cub Cadet 2135 stalls when engaging electric PTO

/ Cub Cadet 2135 stalls when engaging electric PTO #1  

jfhill

Tractor
A few
Need some help as we got 8"+ of snow today and I need to clear the drive. When I try engaging the PTO for the snow blower, it stalls the engine. I had an issue early this week where the thing would not start, changed the seat safety switch and that fixed that, but now this problem. Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting? It seems that the PTO engages as the blower starts to turn but then the engine dies right away. Haven't had a chance to look any further as the temp was around zero. Also, if anyone has a wiring diagram for this model, that would be helpful also. Thanks.

/ Cub Cadet 2135 stalls when engaging electric PTO #2  
Check that both spark plugs are firing. If one isn't it doesn't have enough power to start the PTO.

2000_pto_wiring_diagram2.jpg

/ Cub Cadet 2135 stalls when engaging electric PTO #3  
I know this may not seen right because it started,but check your battery. If its not fully charged ,it can kill the engine those electric pto s take a lot of amps to start .I have had this problem before and every time its been the battery.

/ Cub Cadet 2135 stalls when engaging electric PTO #4  
Kohler engines are COLD-COLD NATURED. You advised it was around zero degrees. How long did you let the engine run before engaging the PTO? As suggested make sure both plugs are firing. If both are firing apply the choke and then engage the PTO.

/ Cub Cadet 2135 stalls when engaging electric PTO #5  
Check the seat switch again. It needs to think you're in the seat or it will kill the engine when the pto is engaged. Disconnect the belt and try it if you think the load is killing it.

/ Cub Cadet 2135 stalls when engaging electric PTO #6  
Also unhook belt to blower to see if that helps. If the bearing goes bad in pto clutch it will kill the motor when pro switches on

/ Cub Cadet 2135 stalls when engaging electric PTO #7  
I have also had ice between the fan on blower not allowing it to turn and tractor would stall

/ Cub Cadet 2135 stalls when engaging electric PTO #8  
Can you turn the auger one way then the other by hand? Could be bound up in there and a block of wood or child's toy?

/ Cub Cadet 2135 stalls when engaging electric PTO #9  
My 2176 does that also and I found that giving it a little more gas got mine going.

/ Cub Cadet 2135 stalls when engaging electric PTO #10  
my problem with my cub is similar to the others it will start and run great but the pto will not in cage I have bought a new pto switch and an ignition switch and nothing helped the pto is showing both red and blue wires hot at the same time not making sense.