Cub cadet 3184

/ Cub cadet 3184 #1  

Charger joe

Tractor
Cub cadet 3184, priors include cub cadet 71,149,2186
I just picked up a cub cadet 3184 with the 44" deck and 331 hours for $200.00 on Craigslist. I know they're not quite the tractor that my old 149 was but it was a deal and its something to tinker with. I shot some starter fluid in it and it fired right up. All the hydraulics work and it drives great. It was left outside obviously so the paint is toast on the body panels so its torn down and getting ready for paint. The frame cleaned up great. Even the deck just had some surface rust.not bad at all. Anyhow, my questions are. Where can I find hood decals? MTD no longer makes them. And will it hurt to go with a 25-10-12 tire on back and 18 on front? And one more question. Is it possible to add the locking axle?

/ Cub cadet 3184 #2  
just one comment - keep using that starter fluid (ether) and you'll soon be dropping a new engine in. rattlecan carb cleaner - much better.

/ Cub cadet 3184
image.jpg

Thanks, it actually was carb cleaner. And this photo is how I bought it.

/ Cub cadet 3184
image.jpg now that its up and going my sons putting it to work.

Last edited:
   / Cub cadet 3184 #7  
Great job. Looks like the Cub found itself a good home. Did you let the son help, so he could gain the knowledge and experience?

/ Cub cadet 3184
image.jpg. Thanks Gator, yes sir I did get him to get his hands dirty during tear down and re assembly. As you see in this older pic he has been around them most of his life. He is also helping me install a lift on a soon to be his jeep and he also did a lot of work on replacing the fuel pump. I'm fortunate,at 15 he likes doing those thing. And besides that he can do all the muscle work now. Lol

/ Cub cadet 3184 #9  
View attachment 381208. Thanks Gator, yes sir I did get him to get his hands dirty during tear down and re assembly. As you see in this older pic he has been around them most of his life. He is also helping me install a lift on a soon to be his jeep and he also did a lot of work on replacing the fuel pump. I'm fortunate,at 15 he likes doing those thing. And besides that he can do all the muscle work now. Lol

I am sure he enjoys helping you. I can still handle the muscle part, it the back that can't take the long stretches of bending over, holding and wrenching.

/ Cub cadet 3184
Finally! Installed rebuilt deck and checked clearances with the larger front and rear tires.plus I reversed front wheels for a wider stance.So this weekend we will see how she cuts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    955.2 KB · Views: 575
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    999.6 KB · Views: 474
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    979.4 KB · Views: 356
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg