Kubota L3560 Paraphernalia Storage on Tractor

/ Kubota L3560 Paraphernalia Storage on Tractor #1  

jeff9366

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3,700 pounds bare tractor, 5,400 pounds operating weight, 37 horsepower
A minor custom touch.

I wanted a place for my 5/16" Logging Chains convenient to the rear of the tractor.

I moved the small, gray, plastic, Kubota tool box from the rear to the left fender. Simple bolt through mount on left fender.

Removed small aluminum angle the Kubota tool box was mounted on and substituted a two inch piece of angle iron running the width of the rear of the tractor, to act as a wider, more secure base. Another simple drill and bolt through mount but secure nuts with lock washers.

Mounted half a steel 40mm ammo can (9" X 14" X 3-1/2") on the two inch angle to store 8' + 12' lengths of 5/16" Logging Chains. Chains are secured by gravity.

To the right, mounted a small, tough plastic basket, in which I carry infrequently used 3/16" chain, used to pull up smaller saplings by the roots with FEL. On saplings, 5/16" chain will slip; 3/16" grips. Also keep a can of spray graphite lube in the basket, to lube implement draw pins.

Attachments

• DSC00216.jpg
    DSC00216.jpg
    780.2 KB · Views: 2,480
Last edited:
   / Kubota L3560 Paraphernalia Storage on Tractor #2  
Hmm.....I've been wanting to add a larger but not too large box on the back and have a 40mm can I'm not really using......thanks for the idea.

/ Kubota L3560 Paraphernalia Storage on Tractor
Factory provision for maintaining water conveniently to hand on the L3560 is inadequate.

The factory "Cup Holder" does not fit the standard 2-3/4" dimension of US liquid containers. It is useless. L3560 is manufactured and assembled in Japan. Cup holder probably holds standard Japanese containers securely.

Photo #1 3" PVC pipe (Schedule 40) with a flat 3" PVC cap, mounted to console through factory 8mm X 1.5 mm threaded hole. PVC caps come in two types: Flat and convex. You need a FLAT cap. You also need a longer 8mm X 1.5mm bolt. I did not glue the two PVC components together, so they could be separated for cleaning.

Photo #2 Plastic glue-on hook. I have since secured this with a small self-tapping screw through the hook mount into the console.

Photo #3 + #4 $4.99 bicycle water bottle bolted through fender on left side of tractor.

Bottles are 2-3/4", 25 ounce, Polar (brand) insulated containers, most often used on bicycles. I like to put 3" of water in the bottom, then store them in the freezer, so water is iced on the job. Polar containers are $10.00

Attachments

• DSC00232.jpg
    DSC00232.jpg
    987.1 KB · Views: 1,672
  • DSC00233.jpg
    DSC00233.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,416
  • DSC00234.jpg
    DSC00234.jpg
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 1,376
  • DSC00235.jpg
    DSC00235.jpg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 1,255
   / Kubota L3560 Paraphernalia Storage on Tractor #4  
Now here's a man who likes to dirty up a new tractor (post #1). Nice job on the bottle holders.

Today discovered a 32 ounce plastic bottle of Gatorade is a pretty good fit in the factory cup holder.

/ Kubota L3560 Paraphernalia Storage on Tractor #6  
If there's any real complaint about my Kubota is the tiny little tool box behind the seat and the lack of any real adjustment to the seat itself.

In post#3, where do you get those wire bottle holders? I could use a few of those.

Thanks,

/ Kubota L3560 Paraphernalia Storage on Tractor #8  
Thanks!

The Postion Control SLIDING STOP on the Grand L's hardly functional.

I replaced the Kubota metric screw which locks the stop with a 6mm diameter (M6) X 20mm long metric socket head cap head screw. (Note: not a 'button head' screw.) This M6 screw takes a 5mm Allen wrench, which provides enough torque that screw can be sufficiently tightened to hold the stop. Under the screw head/cap I placed a 1" diameter, flat, rubber backed steel washer to friction bear against the plastic console. Now the Position Control stop holds where set.

I like to keep a 5mm Allen wrench at hand for stop adjustments, so I put it in the drink tray molded into the console. Two wrenches bounced out of the tray traversing rough ground and were lost. Today I glued a one inch diameter Neodymium (42 pounds holding force) magnet to floor of drink tray, to magnetically restrain the Allen wrench. I thought I would need two magnets but I believe one magnet is sufficient.

I bought the hardware, save the magnet, from my local Ace Hardware.

LINK: 1� Pieces of 1x1/8 Inch Grade N42 Rare Earth Neodymium Disc Magnet | eBay

Last edited:
Finally figured out a SIMPLE 18" bungee cord restraint/mount for my 28 volt Milwaukee reciprocating saw; out-of-the-way when I am on the tractor, ready-to-hand when I am standing on the ground.

Saw has remained securely in place for two weeks despite many removals and returns as I clean up Hurricane Irma debris in Florida.

Attachments

• DSC00030.jpg
    DSC00030.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 1,034
  • DSC00032.jpg
    DSC00032.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 757
Last edited: