How a day turns around

/ How a day turns around #11  
I put a lot of hours an an old 165 at a farm I worked on. I swear they are female, most tempermental thing I ever run, when it was good it was very good and when it was bad it was wicked. Did everything from skidding wood with a farmi, sickle for field edges, raking, tedding and feeding wrapped bales. It wouldn't lift the bales but the big tractor would drop them by the barn door and I would push them in with the massey, cause the big tractors wouldn't fit. Real nice all around tractor, and at a steal.

( isn't the gears what makes a tractor a tractor? Hydro is for mowing lawns! LOL)

/ How a day turns around #12  
I put a lot of hours an an old 165 at a farm I worked on. I swear they are female, most tempermental thing I ever run, when it was good it was very good and when it was bad it was wicked. Did everything from skidding wood with a farmi, sickle for field edges, raking, tedding and feeding wrapped bales. It wouldn't lift the bales but the big tractor would drop them by the barn door and I would push them in with the massey, cause the big tractors wouldn't fit. Real nice all around tractor, and at a steal.

( isn't the gears what makes a tractor a tractor? Hydro is for mowing lawns! LOL)

hmmm... nah-- I won't start that religious argument!!!

J

/ How a day turns around #13  

Thats the way it at my house: hydro for lawnmower and gear for the tractor:)

/ How a day turns around #14  
Thats the way it at my house: hydro for lawnmower and gear for the tractor:)

Not by religion. But thats the way it is at my house too. Don't have anything against hydro though.

/ How a day turns around #15  
Drove a 72 chev pickup for 2 weeks sans clutch just cause the weather was bad (no garage).

last year half way through a 750 mile drive home the clutch gave out on my 94 toyota. finished the trip (about 6hrs) on speed shifts and shutting it off at stoplights then starting it in gear.

/ How a day turns around
Probably started in a higher gear (once towed out of the barn). Not much need to shift after that. Once home, throttle down and pull it into neutral.

Got many tractors home without clutches . If the battery is good enough it will start on the move and then just shift using the throttle . Pictures will follow soon don't worry .

/ How a day turns around #18  
Congats on you new toy, i mean tractor. :thumbsup:

/ How a day turns around
I ain't believing nothing without pics. :laughing::laughing:

I'm not letting you lot scrutinize it till it's all back together and looking a bit more presentable lol.
The hood , Grille , and some other parts came with it in a pile and it's coated in about 3 inches of cow $#!t . I now see i have a small electrical fire to sort out under the dash too lol ....Thats what winters are for !

/ How a day turns around

I would'nt intend to use it as a real tractor. If i can get it in reasonable shape for not too much money it will just be for playing around on log splitter/Finnishing mower..A yard tractor. If not it will be made to look nice and put on an auction , It will make more than i payed for it lol . I have a habit of bringing home things like this ?