Hydraulic Angle on FEL Plow without Hydrualics??

/ Hydraulic Angle on FEL Plow without Hydrualics?? #1  

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 Deere 4320 eHydro w/400X FEL and Unloaded R4's
Hi All,
I am looking into a used fisher plow for my FEL. I was interested in a friend's 8ft deal but it fell through. Now i am looking at a similar 8ft blade. My tractor does not have a 3rd Function Valve. Would i be able to use the same hydraulic system that a pickup would use? I am not sure but i think on pickups there are wires going from the battery to the hydraulic pump itself. I would like to do it this way if possible to keep the $$ low and i would also like to use the angle control that comes with the plow, rather than the one i would have to mount on the tractor.

/ Hydraulic Angle on FEL Plow without Hydrualics?? #2  
While it "would" work, it will be a huge drain on the battery, and make the whole thing stick out way to far and add a lot of unneeded weight.

The 3rd SCV option for your tractor should be only about $250, the "valve" is already there you just don't have a way to control it...

You would not have to " Mount anything to the tractor"
i would also like to use the angle control that comes with the plow, rather than the one i would have to mount on the tractor.

It would be just 2 1/4" hoses from the two cylinders to the rear SCV.

Don't take this the wrong way but there are LOT's of these setup out there using the tractors hydraulics, that's why we have them...don't try to re-invent the wheel here;)

/ Hydraulic Angle on FEL Plow without Hydrualics?? #3  
I missed a deal for $150 on a 7.5' Meyers this year. I'll be kicking myself for a long time. Even if I didn't get it hooked up this year I still should have bought it.
That 60 hp tractor didn't come with rear remotes?

/ Hydraulic Angle on FEL Plow without Hydrualics?? #4  
It is possible to do, but I dont think it will be as easy as the ways already mentioned.

1st, it would require mounting the pump over the plow like on a truck. But you still kave to run HEAVY wires back to the battery. Unless you got about a mile of heavy copper wire to run down the loader arms and around, I'd be worried about raising too high and ripping them out.

And then you have the wires for the controller. They will probaballly all need lengthened. Then you'll have to add the solenoid to control the heavy wires already mentioned.

And the load them things put on your electrical system is huge. My truck with plow has a 1000CCA battery and a 150A alternator, and in tight lots with lots of plow movements in in a short aount of time, I will still drop the charge guage down to ~9-10V and there have been times when I have just had to sit there for a bit and let everythign catch back up. And your tractor only has a 770CCA and a 70A alternator.

So, basically, Yes it is possible. But it will be better and probabally cheaper to do what everyone else has.

And them snow plow pump units in good working order usually command a pretty good price. If it is in good shape you could probabally get ~300 out of it on c-list this time of year. That alone will go a long way toward installing that plow the right way on your tractor.

/ Hydraulic Angle on FEL Plow without Hydrualics??
While it "would" work, it will be a huge drain on the battery, and make the whole thing stick out way to far and add a lot of unneeded weight.

The 3rd SCV option for your tractor should be only about $250, the "valve" is already there you just don't have a way to control it...

You would not have to " Mount anything to the tractor"

It would be just 2 1/4" hoses from the two cylinders to the rear SCV.

Don't take this the wrong way but there are LOT's of these setup out there using the tractors hydraulics, that's why we have them...don't try to re-invent the wheel here;)

So basically what you are saying that i need a diverter valve?? What are some brands you would suggest??

I missed a deal for $150 on a 7.5' Meyers this year. I'll be kicking myself for a long time. Even if I didn't get it hooked up this year I still should have bought it.
That 60 hp tractor didn't come with rear remotes?

Nope, no factory installed ones.

Attachments

• 85770534.jpg
    85770534.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 151
   / Hydraulic Angle on FEL Plow without Hydrualics?? #7  
So basically what you are saying that i need a diverter valve?? What are some brands you would suggest??

A diverter would work, but JD sells the 3rd SCV kit to fit your machine.

LVB25513 KIT 1
THIRD SCV (FIELD INSTALL)

You will have to call your dealer for a price though.

Attachments

• 4320.gif
    4320.gif
    18.9 KB · Views: 321
A diverter would work, but JD sells the 3rd SCV kit to fit your machine.

LVB25513 KIT 1
THIRD SCV (FIELD INSTALL)

You will have to call your dealer for a price though.

So the controls would be installed on the joystick?? According to JD the Model Number is LVB25511 is there a difference between that and the LVB25513??

/ Hydraulic Angle on FEL Plow without Hydrualics?? #9  
So the controls would be installed on the joystick?? According to JD the Model Number is LVB25511 is there a difference between that and the LVB25513??

No. Look at the picture I posted, it adds a new lever on the right fender. Look at the serial number break in JDParts, only the new 2011 models would have the joystick mounted control.

No. Look at the picture I posted, it adds a new lever on the right fender. Look at the serial number break in JDParts, only the new 2011 models would have the joystick mounted control.

Oh, ok. I was looking at the AU part:eek:. I am going to call my JD Dealer today and order that. How hard are they to install? Is it a possible DIY? Does it come with instructions?