Anybody growing a garden ?

/ Anybody growing a garden ? #1  

Jesse11

Bronze Member
Ive been enjoying some fresh organic produce from the garden since the end of last month. Plucked some green onions after a breif thunderstorm this afternoon. Some yellow, some white. They are huge and smell excellent. Just thought Id share and see if anyone else has some garden pics.

DSC00139.jpg
DSC00140.jpg

/ Anybody growing a garden ? #2  
Got some little tomatoes started in the greenhouse and took them out for some sunshine last weekend:

IMG_0387.jpg

Also, these tomatoes have been growing all winter, but it is hot been warm enough for the blooms to put on fruit. Hopefully, I can move these outdoors in a month or so and they will take off
IMG_0363.jpg

I also have some bell pepper and onion in the greenhouse, but nothing as pretty as your picture.

IMG_0313.jpg

/ Anybody growing a garden ? #3  
We have a couple more months up here until we start the plants inside.

But we enjoy our 2 acre garden!

/ Anybody growing a garden ? #6  
Nice photos!! I think the cold front this weekend will suppress my "garden" urge.

I am facing possibly having to move my garden for convenience sake, so I may be a year behind:laughing: Plants are starting to show up at the stores around here though, mostly the early Spring plants like lettuce, cabbage, onions and now seed potatoes are in.

/ Anybody growing a garden ? #7  
Taters, cabbage and beets-slash-clover. The clover has taken over my beets and two freezes didn't help them either.
Also have an asparagus bed starting to wake up. My blueberries are budding too.

Attachments

• Garden winter 2011-12 001.jpg
    Garden winter 2011-12 001.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Garden winter 2011-12 003.jpg
    Garden winter 2011-12 003.jpg
    700.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Garden winter 2011-12 004.jpg
    Garden winter 2011-12 004.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 139
   / Anybody growing a garden ? #9  
Taters, cabbage and beets-slash-clover. The clover has taken over my beets and two freezes didn't help them either.
Also have an asparagus bed starting to wake up. My blueberries are budding too.

Blueberries!! what type? I have wanted to grow some here, but am told they do poor this far south, i don't even think the Texas Ag dept. has any recommendations here for BB:(

Asparagus is another I want to put in, we had them at our other place and they grew fantastic! thats one plat that is similar to a fruit tree in the sense I have to plant it where I want it to stay.