Anybody know where to get aluminum extrusions?

/ Anybody know where to get aluminum extrusions? #11  
80-20 company. Lots of wonderful stuff.:)
Bill

/ Anybody know where to get aluminum extrusions? #12  
Years ago I worked for a glass company that would buy aluminum extrusions from a company called Leed Himmel in CT. Their prices were really good. They may not sell directly but they should be able to tell you the names of local companies that would. The do custom extrusions but they also had a catalog of stock shapes. Not sure how far away Hamden CT is from you.

http://www.leed-himmel.com/

/ Anybody know where to get aluminum extrusions? #13  
I second the 8020.net website recommendation. Pretty extensive catalog of extrusions.

/ Anybody know where to get aluminum extrusions? #14  
Can you get hold of an old alloy bed from a large pick-up or small truck? Shouldn't cost too much and your jobs half done!

/ Anybody know where to get aluminum extrusions?
Can you get hold of an old alloy bed from a large pick-up or small truck? Shouldn't cost too much and your jobs half done!

They made pickup trucks with aluminum beds? I've never seen one of those. Who made them?

/ Anybody know where to get aluminum extrusions? #16  
jim_wilson said:
They made pickup trucks with aluminum beds? I've never seen one of those. Who made them?

Hi Jim, you don't have them there, must be an Aussie thing? I'll try to attach a pic to prove I'm not telling fibs.

Attachments

• image-2959645589.jpg
    image-2959645589.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 172
   / Anybody know where to get aluminum extrusions?
Hi Jim, you don't have them there, must be an Aussie thing? I'll try to attach a pic to prove I'm not telling fibs.

Aahh - now I understand. When you said pickup bed I assumed you meant the bed that a "pickup" would have shipped from the factory with.

There are companies that make replacement beds for pickup chassis trucks here. I don't typically see too many made in aluminum though.

/ Anybody know where to get aluminum extrusions? #18  
Funny the difference a few thousand km's make! Those trays are everywhere here, you can order most utes with an alloy tray here and I did myself a few years ago. Pity it's not something you can get you hands on, I think it would make the build a bit quicker. Have wanted to do one myself for a while using this idea. Good luck on your build.

/ Anybody know where to get aluminum extrusions? #19  
You might try: Wells Aluminum Corp. 808 County Rd, Monett, MO 65708 Ph. 417-235-7841

Thats what they do is extrude aluminum. I have seen stuff that came from there that is bleacher seat material. It makes great picnic tables, also.

/ Anybody know where to get aluminum extrusions? #20  
80-20 is good for frames but I would try just calling Worthington and ask them where they get their extrusions from. They may just tell you. You may have to send them a photo and assure them that you are not competing with them but let them lead the conversation. More often than not you can get the information.