TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #31  
That's got to have close to zero recoil. I think it would probably be a great training gun for a new shooter. Not to mention, just being a gas for anybody to shoot! :D

I love the Marlin lever guns. Would love to have one in .44 mag, one of these days.

It is fun to shoot. I have a couple of steel targets, and .38 special on steel is music.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #32  
From a bench I shot a steel target 3 inch in dia. with my blk.hawk 44 with iron sights and rang to gong.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #33  
Haven't reloaded since adding another mill and bigger lathe crowded the bench out and into another room within the last few yrs (was 'computer lab').

Going Pellet gun crazy these days as hunting (predator/nuisance) favors the smaller and quieter, and seasons are much longer. ;) btw, Amazed at the performance of recent Benji & Gamo shrouded 'gas springers'. Even a decade ago >20 ft/lb at 30 yds was the domain of PCPs. Now you only need ~$200 and a heavy pellet that groups well in your gun. (our pick, .177"/ 13.4g JSB Monster)

Scope mounting, stock fitting, clean-up/detailing, and trigger tweaks keep the fun going but miss the load workups & chrono testing.

Not much rifle or HG trigger time lately while playing with newer 'farm' toys (Ratchet Rake, bucket truck, DR stumper) ... just w/the airguns, and I blame you guys (and the fun here) for keeping me off the benches and in the seat. :D

Hey, grab your gear and c'mon over for a 'range day' ...

(ask me about 'AmmoGuide')

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #34  
Started a hunter ed. class last night with 30 students and 16 parents. Student age range is from 8 to 29. Firearm safety along with rifles, pistols and archery equipment reviewed last night. Tonight......survival, wildlife conservation and sportsmanship. Tomorrow night.....review and test. Field test and live fire on Thursday. We put several hundred students through class each year.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #35  
025.JPG029.JPG015.JPGNuff said!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #36  
What are going to do with the coon? Make a coon skinned cap

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #37  
What are going to do with the coon? Make a coon skinned cap

I did make one several years ago...........but it got too stinking to wear after awhile.:rolleyes:

Last edited: