Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,022  
you live in a great area. I lived in Moncton and frequented the Sussex area. Since I retired I ended up moving back to my home town in Cape Breton.

Did not see your response. I bought my tractor in Dieppe. You are right about the sussex area. Very pretty farmland. Not sure if you know where the Moosehorn creek covered bridge is by Norton but that creek runs right behind our property. I grew up in Saint Martins. Another very scenic place. I have driven to Cape Breton a number of times to get to the NFLD ferry. Always enjoyed the drive through there. Just to stay on topic i just bought a Normand EX72-220 snowblower. Can't wait to try it.
Cheers
Cheers.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,023  
Update: The plow has been sand blasted and painted I think we are ready for snow.

2016-11-13 13.04.01.jpg2016-11-13 13.03.46.jpg2016-11-13 12.20.01.jpg2016-11-13 13.04.29.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,024  
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #3,025  
Thank you, was a fun project. I don't get to do a lot of fabrication. I can go from plow to loader in about 10 minutes. I will post a video when we get some snow.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,026  
I added a rubber cutting edge on my rear blade and made some bushings to take the play out of it when on my quick hitch. Blade could really use to be a little shorter as my GC2600 doesn't have the height range on the 3PT to lift it high enough to not dig in when tilted for cutting into dirt or snow. Hoping the rubber edge is easier on the driveway and sidewalks, and contours to the depressions in the driveway a little better to give a cleaner pass each time. The mat's about 43lbs so some added weight to the blade. I took off the steel cutting edge rather than sandwiching the rubber between the two so I didn't have to make the rubber hang down below the steel, further cutting into clearance when raised. However, since it was 30 lbs I didn't want to loose the weight, and just dropped it between rubber and main blade.

IMG_20161028_162748285.jpgIMG_20161028_162757143.jpgIMG_20161028_162807820.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,027  
I never noticed that until you guys mentioned it. Yeah that would be tricky driving over the snow before blowing it. I would like 2orodd to explain how he does it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,028  
I never noticed that until you guys mentioned it. Yeah that would be tricky driving over the snow before blowing it. I would like 2orodd to explain how he does it.

No different than driving over the snow using a rear blade...

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,029  
Well I think front mount blowers are the way to go. I have it and will never go back to the rear too hard on the neck.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,030  
Well I think front mount blowers are the way to go. I have it and will never go back to the rear too hard on the neck.

Can't argue with that! If I had a mid or front PTO I would have one also.
Rear blowers are hard on your neck, but without the front PTO, front blowers are hard on your wallet:laughing: