TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #581  
Did you say Colt Model 1917 .45 ACP 6-shot revolver? Right reason, wrong war. Produced from 1917 until shortly after the war ('20 or so). >100k built IIRC and prompted design of a rimmed version of the cartridge along the way.

I've seen several for sale in recent years, but in seriously whomped condition due to advanced age and I passed. Would rather have a Taurus 455 Tracker, but they're getting scarce.

btw, Taurus 905 (9mm) has come and gone in 2" & 4" and blued or SS, but the 2" SS is what's left of the model. S
RBH convertible (9mm/.357) is a bit long-ish to carry.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #582  
One really has to be careful with pricing of guns. My neighbor had an old revolver, I don't know the model number but it is rare WWII relic that was tooled to shoot .45 ACP because Colt couldn't make enough of the 1911's. He tried to sell it at gun show for $200. Luckily a guy came by and told him he was way underpriced. He checked and said the gun value was over $2000. It was sure lucky that the honest man told him rather than buying it up cheap. I think a lot of folks would have just snapped it up quickly.

My dad made that mistake with both his German Luger and SS dress dagger, brought home from the war. At least the Luger went to his dad. I don't know what ever became of it. The dagger got sold for maybe 10% of what it was worth to a unscrupulous buyer taking advantage of an old man.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #583  
Been hunting with my custom 18th Century Flintlock for late deer season (started yesterday!)

PA has "Flintlock only" 12/26 through 1/14. Kind of fun being out in the woods with the traditional Pa rifle.

Got sighted in on the deck with my buddies 1940's antique ironing board converted into a shooting bench in the 50's!

Attachments

• Flint sighting.JPG
    Flint sighting.JPG
    411.4 KB · Views: 116
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #584  
My dad made that mistake with both his German Luger and SS dress dagger, brought home from the war. At least the Luger went to his dad. I don't know what ever became of it. The dagger got sold for maybe 10% of what it was worth to a unscrupulous buyer taking advantage of an old man.
My grandfather was a commanding officer in a Calvary unit, and he brought one of those daggers home.
It was going to be passed on to me, but my cousin stole it and probably traded it for a bag of weed.
At least I still have his sword.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #585  
I came across this a couple of weeks ago and bought it. Not many of these around. Do you know what this is?

XXC.jpg