TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
So, when is the Python?:D Used Pythons in good shape are going for up to $2500 now.. Too dang much for me to own one.
Yep only a dream. Don't own any Colt brand unfortunately.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #672  
I've that Colt quality has dropped atleast on thier AR15 since they went bankrupt.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #674  
Yep only a dream. Don't own any Colt brand unfortunately.

I have owned a few through the years, but all are gone now. They are all to expensive to replace now if I wanted to anyway. In my opinion, the other brands I own are just as good or better anyway. They just don't have the pony on them. Although I did lust after a friends python pretty bad, especially after it came back from Colt with a complete refurbish and blue job. It sure was pretty.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #675  
The last actual Colt I owned was a green label pre ban CAR-15. I gave $700 for it and used it for several years, and when a guy offered me $1500 cash in hand for it, I let him have it. Green Label cardboard box and all. I went and got another AR, and pocketed about $1000. So long...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #676  
I've owned a few Pythons over the years, they are long gone and I don't miss them one bit!

The S&W pre mod-27's and mod-27's of the same time period, are smoother/stronger and always shot better, so why pay more for less??

SR

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #677  
That 995 is pretty cool looking.
Mine has a solid stock and forearm but for $40 I can buy the tactical type and make my 995 look just like the 995TS. Pretty cool and cheap way to upgrade my old model into a new one with exception of take down. Mine still requires a wrench (supplied with gun) to remove some bolts for disassembly where as the new model has some safety locks and a pin to take it down.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #678  
I've owned a few Pythons over the years, they are long gone and I don't miss them one bit!

The S&W pre mod-27's and mod-27's of the same time period, are smoother/stronger and always shot better, so why pay more for less??

SR
I never owned or even handled a Python but any gun would have to go a long way to beat the smooth action of my Colt Trooper III. That gun is far above any S&W gun or any other brand I have ever handled when it comes to smoothness of trigger action and accuracy.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #679  
I've been searching for a Hi-Point 9mm Carbine but they're out of stock every place I look. What's up with that? A new model coming out or something? Did they stop production?

I did find one online at Academy Sports last night but I won't be able to get up to the big city until next week. (Still under the weather.) I fear it will be gone by then. They had it priced at $299.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #680  
$2500 for a Python is about the lower end of what I've been seeing around here. Most are at or above the $3K mark. Crazy. I'll stick with my Smiths.

There's a gun show in Belleville IL this weekend, and there's usually a couple of vendors who have one or two. It'll be interesting to see if the prices have changed since the Colt announcement.