TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #681  
$2500 for a Python is about the lower end of what I've been seeing around here. Most are at or above the $3K mark. Crazy. I'll stick with my Smiths.

There's a gun show in Belleville IL this weekend, and there's usually a couple of vendors who have one or two. It'll be interesting to see if the prices have changed since the Colt announcement.

Just like "Dirty Harry" back in the 70's helped popularize the Model 29 Smith, so has "Rick Grimes" helped drive up the prices on Python's. The prices are beyond all reason as comparable revolvers from Smith and Ruger are much more affordable. Oh sure the Colt's were beautifully finished and handmade, but still, that is a lot of change to blow on beauty alone.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #682  
I never owned or even handled a Python but any gun would have to go a long way to beat the smooth action of my Colt Trooper III. That gun is far above any S&W gun or any other brand I have ever handled when it comes to smoothness of trigger action and accuracy.
I guess you never handled any S&W pre M-27's or even an old M-27... Even the older M-19's and M-29's beat the Colts with ease...

No doubt, those pre 27's are the finest revolvers ever made, with fit, finish, toughness and quality above everyone else...

Glad I kept mine...all the Colts were sent down the road long ago...

Pythons were/are over rated...

SR

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #684  
Hahaha ... this is not your father's shooting sports. Have you seen some of the women who shoot on some of those teams these days? Like models with guns.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
I've owned a few Pythons over the years, they are long gone and I don't miss them one bit!

The S&W pre mod-27's and mod-27's of the same time period, are smoother/stronger and always shot better, so why pay more for less??

SR

I never owned or even handled a Python but any gun would have to go a long way to beat the smooth action of my Colt Trooper III. That gun is far above any S&W gun or any other brand I have ever handled when it comes to smoothness of trigger action and accuracy.

I guess you never handled any S&W pre M-27's or even an old M-27... Even the older M-19's and M-29's beat the Colts with ease...

No doubt, those pre 27's are the finest revolvers ever made, with fit, finish, toughness and quality above everyone else...

Glad I kept mine...all the Colts were sent down the road long ago...

Pythons were/are over rated...

SR
Only one fair way to settle this dispute... back to back... ten paces and turn! :laughing:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #687  
Put 100 rounds through the new HK VP9 today. Love that gun
I let a friend shoot mine a few months ago. He put 15 holes in the size of a small plate at 25yds. (freehand). He thinks it is all in the trigger mechanism. I think he is saving up for one now.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #688  
Just finished shooting my new Uberti Yellowboy carbine in 45 Colt for the first time. Very nice shoot, beautiful gun, but apparently 45LC out of a rifle is too much for a Taylor CD-53 steel target...mangled the heck out of it. Specs state "Centerfire Handguns up to .44 Magnum". Oh well.

KIMG0301.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #689  
Hahaha ... this is not your father's shooting sports. Have you seen some of the women who shoot on some of those teams these days? Like models with guns.

Where do I sign up to be on one of these teams
213.gif

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #690  
Just finished shooting my new Uberti Yellowboy carbine in 45 Colt for the first time. Very nice shoot, beautiful gun, but apparently 45LC out of a rifle is too much for a Taylor CD-53 steel target...mangled the heck out of it. Specs state "Centerfire Handguns up to .44 Magnum". Oh well.

View attachment 501919

Aren't you supposed to turn it around now and ding the dents out from the other side? :D