Dog pics

/ Dog pics #2,451  
IMG_1335.JPG

Sara our boxer pup, just chillin!

/ Dog pics #2,453  
Donkeys are good guard animals as are Llamas. Both are alert, have good vision and dislike dog like animals.

I had an awesome combination: Guinea fowl and a dog. The dog, if she didn't spot something first (perhaps she was in the house), would key off the Guineas, which can make an insane amount of noise at the slightest sign of anything that's out of place*. That combination was so effective that we didn't have to do anything as the dog would go and deal with whatever (aerial or ground -based). Miss that dog something awful. Puppy is starting to pick up on this, though we've got to get her to leave our fowl alone (play and prey drive is pretty strong).

* Last Sunday the puppy and I were out and about and the Guineas were making a fair amount of noise. I herded the puppy back toward the our fenced area (fowl are all inside it) and while scanning for coyotes, which are fairly commonly seen outside the fenced area, I saw, for the first time in eight years I've been here, elk! They were hard to make out as I couldn't see their side profile and they were in tight quarters, brush and a big tree close by the fence: couple days later I confirmed my suspicions as I found obvious elk tracks (though about 1/8 mile away from that spot).

Here's Xena (previous dog) hanging out around the Guneas (or, rather, the Gunieas hanging out around Xena):
P1090325.JPG

/ Dog pics #2,454  
I saw, for the first time in eight years I've been here, elk!

I started having that problem on one of my properties in Clallam County. They have been around for years but only passing through. I have a few young apple trees they ripped the wire deer cage off of and munched to the ground. Fence problems too but the hot wire seems to keep them out of that. Mostly anyway.

/ Dog pics #2,455  
Went away in the new caravan last week unsure as to how the dog would take to it, set up at our first site and about 30 seconds later we found him on the bed.......

Attachments

• 20181120_154030_1543276129967_resized.jpg
    20181120_154030_1543276129967_resized.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 122
   / Dog pics #2,457  
Went away in the new caravan last week unsure as to how the dog would take to it, set up at our first site and about 30 seconds later we found him on the bed.......

^^^^
Definitely stressed out. :D

Must have been a stressful trip. Looks like he lost all his hair. :D