Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,632  

Mine's only clogged 1 or 2 times in the last 5 years though. So.....whatever.

https://i.imgur.com/cf7Whhd.jpg

I lost track of how mny times my chute plugged up after Mon/Tues snow rain event. Northern Michigan is not suppose to get that crap! Send it down state. Jon

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,633  
I lost track of how mny times my chute plugged up after Mon/Tues snow rain event. Northern Michigan is not suppose to get that crap! Send it down state. Jon
Amen (I'm in Cadillac). Mine doesn't clog though. Yay.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,635  
Bolted some extensions on the blower today. I'm not sure how they'll work. I'd assume the manufacturer has someone smarter than I am to calculate the fan size to the blower width. Maybe it'll just be a matter of going a little slower.

The original plan was to sell the blower with the L3200, but Wifey said why not keep it for the new (actually older) tractor? I explained the outside dimension of the tires on the L4240 was 76" as currently set and the blower is 66". So on Thursday morning I stopped at the shed and took some measurements and made a sketch. Since the fab shop at work is a little slow right now, they had some spare time to do the extensions. I fit the (10ga) extensions up today and all that needed done was to drill for bolts 4 places each side and trim around the bolts holding the end bearings of the auger. There are stacked strips that form a pocket on the inboard side of each extension that goes over the back edge of the blower body.

There's a front mounted power angle plow in the works for the L4240, so the blower will probably see limited use anyway. Since the plow isn't ready, the blower will stay on the smaller tractor for now.

Attachments

• IMG_4644.JPG
    IMG_4644.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_4643.JPG
    IMG_4643.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 241
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #4,636  
Put the 1953 40S to work this morning on 8" of wet, heavy snow:

Pictures 2019 003.JPG Pictures 2019 004.JPG Pictures 2019 005.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,637  
Bolted some extensions on the blower today. I'm not sure how they'll work. I'd assume the manufacturer has someone smarter than I am to calculate the fan size to the blower width. Maybe it'll just be a matter of going a little slower.

The original plan was to sell the blower with the L3200, but Wifey said why not keep it for the new (actually older) tractor? I explained the outside dimension of the tires on the L4240 was 76" as currently set and the blower is 66". So on Thursday morning I stopped at the shed and took some measurements and made a sketch. Since the fab shop at work is a little slow right now, they had some spare time to do the extensions. I fit the (10ga) extensions up today and all that needed done was to drill for bolts 4 places each side and trim around the bolts holding the end bearings of the auger. There are stacked strips that form a pocket on the inboard side of each extension that goes over the back edge of the blower body.

There's a front mounted power angle plow in the works for the L4240, so the blower will probably see limited use anyway. Since the plow isn't ready, the blower will stay on the smaller tractor for now.
Today my L4060hstc plowed through deeper snow than my former L3200 could have ever traversed. It was some nasty soupy wet crap.

I need to reengineer my SSQA blade for float, but I suspected as much when I bought it new. I got a decent enough deal I figured I could put the effort in. But it plows ok with a solid mount blade.

I sold off my 62" blower after the L3200. Never tried to adapt it to the 72" track on the L4060. The new machine means I dont have to think twice about the big drifts we get here . My L3200 often wasnt a match for small drifts with a smaller plow, hence needing a blower.

I'm way happier with a plow. It's a lot faster & no kinked neck. I thought about a rear blower for drifts or windrows, but honestly I have yet to find a situation the blade cant handle. Ran into glazed packed slush today i almost couldnt drive up on a friends steep drive today. But a blower wouldnt have changed that.

I have front chains for my R4s, but have only wished I had them on maybe 5% of the time. Not enough to bother with the hassle of installing or using them.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,638  
DF1542A3-336B-4798-9CC2-004A8C2A106E.jpeg5F998323-DEE0-4F98-A7C5-1724B8C31876.jpegDA3F2278-DE3E-4891-BECD-6D7129F23792.jpegE6C935AB-46A6-470C-8958-CE9D96C0F9E4.jpegC36BB20B-0FB0-4393-A3BA-3C3D082356E8.jpeg2D73D3F7-E82D-4CAE-8BD8-8F79B7D48CF8.jpeg

Her first snow. She did good!:thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,639  
I fear our snow season is over??? Had 12" on snow on ground, and its almost gone. The weather forecast is in the low 40's for next 10 days. I sure wasted my time grooming the horse sleigh trails that's for sure.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,640  
chim

What size plow is planned for the L4240 ? Look forward to seeing pics of the build.

Been 20 years now (time flies wow!!) since fabbing the mount on the front of my JD 4300 for a 7' Western plow blade. Has been a dream to plow with but only one time so far this year... New Years Eve.

Attachments

• Image010.jpg
    Image010.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 184