5525 what's this spring supposed to attach to?

/ 5525 what's this spring supposed to attach to? #1  

browbiz2

Tractor
Mahindra 5525, Kubota 2630
while lubing my tractor today, I saw a little spring dangling loose near the right side brake pedal shaft and just in front of where the differential lock grease nipple.
the spring is light weight and about 9" long. I can't figure out where it's supposed to be attached. The top of the spring is attached to what looks like some kind of electrical contact switch.

Attachments

• Mahindra spring1.JPG
    Mahindra spring1.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 246
   / 5525 what's this spring supposed to attach to? #2  
If it’s a switch it attaches to something that moves- probably the linkage in the right of the photo. Typically those springs don’t see much tension in the “normal” position. Swing it around to the linkage and find a small hole or a missing bolt.

That’s my SWAG since I don’t own that machine.

/ 5525 what's this spring supposed to attach to? #3  
Looks like the spring acts as the linkage for the brake light switch. So just find a hole somewhere in the brake pedals as RNeumann said.

/ 5525 what's this spring supposed to attach to? #4  
while lubing my tractor today, I saw a little spring dangling loose near the right side brake pedal shaft and just in front of where the differential lock grease nipple.
the spring is light weight and about 9" long. I can't figure out where it's supposed to be attached. The top of the spring is attached to what looks like some kind of electrical contact switch.

The picture is from our 4540, it looks like yours is different.101_9621.JPG101_9620.JPG

Last edited:
   / 5525 what's this spring supposed to attach to? #5  
My guess would also be a brake light switch spring. You could check for sure by turning on the key and working the switch to see if your break lights go off and on.

/ 5525 what's this spring supposed to attach to? #6  
They are up in both posts

/ 5525 what's this spring supposed to attach to?
you guys were spot on. It was related to brake light and I found a little hole where it needed to be attached. Only problem was that spring was a bit stretched, probably from some brush. So I shortened it a tad and now it stays on and brake lights work fine.
THANKS