TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,211  
View attachment 630062

Picked up a little Taurus 856. Same size revolver as the model 85 (my most frequently carried handgun) which holds 5 rounds, the 856 holds 6 rounds. This is chambered in.38 Spl and can handle +P ammo.
I won't carry this one much...if at all. It'll reside in a desk drawer,

Nice!

B3B140EA-950F-440E-BECF-5C4A0CB69A87.jpeg

I like to shoot .38 spl or +p in my S&W model 66.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,212  
The Taurus line had a rather poor reputation for a long while.
I bought a new Taurus G2C 9mm semi-auto last Spring, because it was available on a promotion at Rural King.
It is likely the best value ($175) in the hand gun market.
Great little piece!

I like their revolvers...never had one of their semi-autos. I had trouble with one revolver couple decades ago, but that was fixed by the factory. I still own three (the 85, 856 and a 327 Tracker). All have functioned well.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,213  

Yeah, and that is why I've always tended to avoid them. I really like the Tracker 992 with the interchangeable cylinders for .22LR/.22WMR, but I've read too many mixed reviews about them.

All of my .38/.357 revolvers are S&W. I alternate between thinking I should branch out to other manufacturers, and thinking I should just stick with what I know works. There are a lot of good revolvers out there. There are also some that are less good.

The struggle is real.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,214  
Yeah, and that is why I've always tended to avoid them. I really like the Tracker 992 with the interchangeable cylinders for .22LR/.22WMR, but I've read too many mixed reviews about them.

All of my .38/.357 revolvers are S&W. I alternate between thinking I should branch out to other manufacturers, and thinking I should just stick with what I know works. There are a lot of good revolvers out there. There are also some that are less good.

The struggle is real.

Times change.
Taurus seems to now be good quality.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,215  

I had one of them, can't remember what model it was but it was semi-auto and the trigger pull had to be at least 8" maybe more :laughing:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,216  

The struggle is real.

I prefer my Rugers, the Smiths are ok, and one little NAA.. Its always with me hunting in case I need a finishing shot.

IMG_1269.JPG

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,217  
I prefer my Rugers, the Smiths are ok, and one little NAA.. Its always with me hunting in case I need a finishing shot.

Nice. Ruger makes excellent revolvers. The GP-100 is built like a tank.

My Wife has an NAA in .22WMR. She actually carries it on some light-clothes summer days.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,218  
I had one of them, can't remember what model it was but it was semi-auto and the trigger pull had to be at least 8" maybe more :laughing:

Beretta had a manufacturing facility in South America which Taurus bought. I'd have no qualms buying a Taurus PT92 which is pretty much the same gun as the Beretta 92. Taurus DID have quality control issues on their revolvers (different manufacturing facility as far as I know) but I believe that they are resolved now.

Even in HVAC, some contractors don't want to buy the "brand new first model" of something that is out "brand new" until it has a track record. I can't blame em.

The Beretta 92 being a double action / single action per operation like Sig, first shot in DA was pretty stoudt (assuming you mean 8lb instead of 8"?).

That said, the NICE thing about the Taurus PT92 was that the safety was on the frame and NOT the slide like the 92F. You can carry a Taurus PT series "cocked and lock" on "safety" if you'd like, which you can't do with a Berreta.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,219  
Even in HVAC, some contractors don't want to buy the "brand new first model" of something that is out "brand new" until it has a track record. I can't blame em.

The only problem with that is that by the time anything has an "established" track record the manufacture has obsoleted that model and came out with newest latest greatest version which may well totally suck.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,220  
The only problem with that is that by the time anything has an "established" track record the manufacture has obsoleted that model and came out with newest latest greatest version which may well totally suck.

Not true by any means, at least in the HVAC industry due to the time in the industry to "make" something obsolete. That said, I'd guess that gun manufacturing has more "one hit wonders" due to the time to implement production.