Comparison Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #11  
In addition to losing the swivel, I believe you also lose unattended PTO with the air ride seat option. I'm a light weight and find the standard seat adequate.

Electrical or mechanical issue with that?

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #12  
Electrical or mechanical issue with that?

I believe you lose the ability to tip the seat forward, which is how the second seat switch operates with the standard seat. I suspect the wiring is still there, so I guess a manual switch could be added allowing unattended PTO. I haven't read about anyone doing that though.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #13  
I have the factory air ride in my 6060, it can稚 hold a candle to the air ride in the MF4710. My solution to the ride height and PTO switch was to purchase a roll of lead flashing, flatten it out and place it in a Crown Royal sack. Place it on the seat near the front and cover with a Purple honeycomb seat cushion. The seat cushion adds about 2 in height, and about 20# of lead keeps the PTO switch happy. I致e had it setup that way for a year, and the lead/seat cushion barely move. Once in a blue moon I have to reposition everything, but that痴 about it. I知 6 and another inch of height would be better, some day I知 going to add a spacer under the seat base.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #14  
I got a new L6060 last year. Before ordering it from the factory I tried the standard seat and found the adjuster didn't seem to make much if any difference. I had a Massey before this tractor and the standard seat in it was perfect. It was not air ride but worked great and had plenty of height adjustment (3 different levels). I really wanted to take that seat out of the Massey and exchange it for the standard Kubota seat but in the end I ordered the Kubota air ride seat. I find it to be OK. It is better than the standard seat but still no where near as comfortable as the Grammer seat that was in the Massey.

I was also PO'd to find that the PTO could not be operated with nobody in the seat. The dealer said to put a heavy rock on the seat. What a pile of BS! Pay $60,000 for a new tractor plus another $1,000 for the air rise seat and you have to put a rock on it to operate the PTO remotely. The Massey had a switch mounted on the rear fender and the PTO could be operated from there. How much would it cost to mount that switch? I ended up bypassing the operator presence switch and now the PTO works for my wood chipper. The good news is that the tractor doesn't shut down when bouncing along on a rough road and I bounce up off the seat. The bad news is that's possible to leave the tractor in gear when exiting the cab. I have simply developed a habit of ALWAYS putting the tractor in neutral and locking the parking brake before leaving the cab. Now I do it without thinking about it.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #15  
Dealer got back to me on my seat. Said their mechanic said my seat was bottoming out but dealer does not recommend the air ride seat. He said they could put in another seat but doubt it might not solve it. Said the air ride was $800 plus shipping and 2 hours installation. I will try to find out the pound rating the seat is for it is not 240 pounds. I am not satisfied with it. Not pleased with dealers attitude at so far. Is there a brand you would recommend over the Kubota seat? Anyone have any idea how hard an air ride seat install is when replacing the standard seat?

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #16  
I believe you lose the ability to tip the seat forward, which is how the second seat switch operates with the standard seat. I suspect the wiring is still there, so I guess a manual switch could be added allowing unattended PTO. I haven't read about anyone doing that though.

I installed a Grammer seat in my L5740 and wired in a toggle switch so that I could run my chipper without doing the "rock on seat" thing. With the swivel the seat came out pretty high, for my 5 ft 8 inch height I had to raise the HST pedal, which then felt too high from the floor, so I had to put a foam spacer under the floor mat.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #17  
Dealer got back to me on my seat. Said their mechanic said my seat was bottoming out but dealer does not recommend the air ride seat. He said they could put in another seat but doubt it might not solve it. Said the air ride was $800 plus shipping and 2 hours installation. I will try to find out the pound rating the seat is for it is not 240 pounds. I am not satisfied with it. Not pleased with dealers attitude at so far. Is there a brand you would recommend over the Kubota seat? Anyone have any idea how hard an air ride seat install is when replacing the standard seat?

Can you just add stiffer springs to the existing seat?

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #18  
Can you just add stiffer springs to the existing seat?

The tech said he would check on that but have gotten no answer on that option. To meet with him today.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #19  
Visited dealership on yesterday afternoon. He has his parts person working on seat options. As to stiffer springs they made no mention about that as an option to me. Really left aggravated with the seat discussion. I very much felt it was in their mind, live with it, it is a tractor. Yep it is a tractor with a terrible seat. FYI tbn is no the only forum this seat is being discussed on.

One positive thing to me. Learned when you buy the Kubota air ride it is the same seat, is on the base being switched out. If that is so is the swivel part of the seat or the base? Also there are air ride seat bases for $400 range on the internet from several companies. The seat itself suits me, it is the suspension is terrible. That would mean remove the seat, replace the base, reinstall the seat with new base and connect so I understand to power wire on right side of seat, think under back window. I would have no problem with that just Kubota ought to have a seat in their "GRANDE" cab that meet that reputation and price of these machines.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #20  
Visited dealership on yesterday afternoon. He has his parts person working on seat options. As to stiffer springs they made no mention about that as an option to me. Really left aggravated with the seat discussion. I very much felt it was in their mind, live with it, it is a tractor. Yep it is a tractor with a terrible seat. FYI tbn is no the only forum this seat is being discussed on.

One positive thing to me. Learned when you buy the Kubota air ride it is the same seat, is on the base being switched out. If that is so is the swivel part of the seat or the base? Also there are air ride seat bases for $400 range on the internet from several companies. The seat itself suits me, it is the suspension is terrible. That would mean remove the seat, replace the base, reinstall the seat with new base and connect so I understand to power wire on right side of seat, think under back window. I would have no problem with that just Kubota ought to have a seat in their "GRANDE" cab that meet that reputation and price of these machines.

There were several threads in the last few years about those very seat choices. At least one I remember compared the standard Kubota seat to the Kubota Air Ride seat that was an option in the tractors in the L6060 size. I believe the consensus was the standard seat actually had the best suspension. The air ride bottomed. At least the one in the article did. You may want to see if you can find those threads.

Grammer makes a bolt-in air suspension seat for most everything on the market. Price is about the same, and they are excellent seats. JD either used Grammer or an exact copy for their commercial backhoe seats. Wonderful seat. If I ever decide to change to air ride on the M59 I'll go for the Grammer since they make one in the 800 dollar range that is supposed to be a bolt-up for the M59.

In the meanwhile, I put some risers under the seat of the M59 to accomodate my long legs, and incorporated some rubber bushings to work with the risers to soak up some of the shock. I considered modifying the seat springs but didn't. I weigh 190 and only bottom them on bumps.

I like a good seat and feel that it is money well spent to get a good one with decent arm rests. The best seat I'vw used is the Grammer-made seat in the JD310. It is made to sit in all day. For comfort, the Grammer is closely followed by the seat on our Vintage 530 JD that not only has adjustable springing, but also a shock absorber!

Some of the basic "too small" Japanese tractor seats do have the option to add more springs. That used to be a common mod.
rScotty