Taco Soup

/ Taco Soup #2  
Hmmm, never tried a taco soup but I love Mexican cuisine. I will buy necessary products for it and will try to cook it this week when I have a free evening in my Thailand house. I am sure that it should be tasty. Will post a photo of my masterpiece :laughing:

Last edited:
   / Taco Soup
The recipe calls for 3 cans of tomatoes; I usually go with 2, and two cans of mild Rotel. Sharn Jean likes only one can of tomatoes, so it depends on who's making it whether we put in one or two. In any case, it's easy to make and good!

/ Taco Soup #4  
Hmmm, never tried a taco soup but I love Mexican cuisine. I will buy necessary products for it and will try to cook it this week when I have a free evening in my house. I am sure that it should be tasty. Will post a photo of my masterpiece :laughing:
Mexicans don't eat that stuff. :laughing:

Taco Bell has ruined the real flavor of a taco. And it doesn't come in a soup. :rolleyes:

/ Taco Soup #5  
The recipe calls for 3 cans of tomatoes; I usually go with 2, and two cans of mild Rotel. Sharn Jean likes only one can of tomatoes, so it depends on who's making it whether we put in one or two. In any case, it's easy to make and good!

Rotel is great stuff. Seems like it’s been around forever.

MoKelly

/ Taco Soup #6  

Taco Bell has ruined the real flavor of a taco. And it doesn't come in a soup. :rolleyes:

:) Well I've never been to Mexica but I am sure that you are right

/ Taco Soup #7  
Have a similar recipe I got from a friend - can be interesting to try different types of meat in it. He usually made it with either ground beef or ground venison (or a mix of the two). I've used ground bison and canned tuna (only one or the other at a time) to good effect.

/ Taco Soup

Perhaps it should be entitled "Taco Flavored Soup"? It was never touted as authentic Mexican cuisine, but as a former resident of New Mexico, I can say with some certainty that authentic Mexican cuisine is pretty rare, outside of Mexico...but then I haven't found many dog teeth in my tacos lately either.