Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,181  
I like old Gal,,,,,, I mean Gehl :laughing:
They were (are) beasts

I had a pusher box on my NH backhoe back when we were doing corporate centers and a guy had one for sale that was like 110HP or some unreal number. It was a skiddy on ‘roids....

Would you do better with chains on rear tires since any type of down pressure will lift fronts? Or is the PB heavy enough to keep the fronts planted?

Dude I have chains for all 4 corners, just a little lazy and so far we've only had small snows and I've been getting by ok. I only use my Gehlfriend here on the property. I have a few large areas where I don't want snow banks and piles so I push it a long way away, mostly because of when it melts off they'll make mud for more weeks than I care to put up with. That pusher does the trick. That's a 102" "Snow Wolf" store bought regular snow plow (ssqa) that I bought new about 15 years ago. It's always been on that 5 ton 115 hp Gehl and all I've done to it is some paint and flipped the cutting edge. It's been incredible if you're ever thinking "that way":thumbsup: the end plates that make it a pusher are an option and I didn't have a use for them when I bought it. I built those 5-6 years ago.
Nap time, I went out at 3:30 this morning.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,182  
Dude I have chains for all 4 corners, just a little lazy and so far we've only had small snows and I've been getting by ok. I only use my Gehlfriend here on the property. I have a few large areas where I don't want snow banks and piles so I push it a long way away, mostly because of when it melts off they'll make mud for more weeks than I care to put up with. That pusher does the trick. That's a 102" "Snow Wolf" store bought regular snow plow (ssqa) that I bought new about 15 years ago. It's always been on that 5 ton 115 hp Gehl and all I've done to it is some paint and flipped the cutting edge. It's been incredible if you're ever thinking "that way":thumbsup: the end plates that make it a pusher are an option and I didn't have a use for them when I bought it. I built those 5-6 years ago.
Nap time, I went out at 3:30 this morning.

Is it open station or is the front door off?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,184  
Cab and heat (that smells like mouse pizz), but I'm usually "chewin" and spittin through the side screen doesn't go well. :laughing:

You need to start smoking cigars.....:laughing:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,185  
Those Gehls with the LARGE tires never cease to impress me. You see the Menonites around here with them. Nothing but the best.

AND with CHAINS. Holey SMOKES!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,186  
They make dedicated 3PH mounted spreaders too:
Herd Kasco Model 75?S 3-Point Wet Sand and Salt Spreader 12?? lb. Capacity
Pretty pricey, but probably no more then most PTO driven implements. Salt, unless bought in bulk, would be pretty expensive too.
Just make sure which ever one you decide on, you rinse it out thoroughly after the winter season!! Even with the plastic hoppers, there's still enough metal parts to corrode

Dad bought a Herd about 40 years ago that looked that size. He spread tons of lime and fertilizer and sowed acres and acres of wheat and soybeans grasses. He washed it well and as soon as dry he doped it well with used motor oil. It was an awesome implement for small farm use.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,187  
Apologize if I've shown the wing plow too much here.
But made another video, hopefully better than the previous one.

Fun tool to have and will push/wing back some more as this snow begins to melt so it drains in the ditch and not on the drive.

Winging Snow berms back - YouTube

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,188  
But made another video, hopefully better than the previous one.

Fun tool to have and will push/wing back some more as this snow begins to melt so it drains in the ditch and not on the drive.

Winging Snow berms back - YouTube
Great video! Thanks for posting!
The driveway, on the right, at the 1 minute mark...that's actually your driveway, isn't it? One of your older videos (first couple when you built the wing) shows you going down the drive to the road you're winging in this video...I think

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,189  
beenthere
Never enough great video. :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,190  
tks

The driveway, on the right, at the 1 minute mark...that's actually your driveway, isn't it?

Yes it is Roy.
Also maintain the town road to the county highway. Keeps the town sanding truck and plow off the town road so we don't have slush from salted snow and course sand tracked into the garage. And no more busted mailbox, nor berm at the drive to push through. Town road patrol doesn't mind not having to come up that dead end road either. Adds a large turn-around and another 1/8th of a mile, but don't mind plowing snow. Wouldn't do the town road if I just had a snowblower as it would be too slow.
Am going to push out a trail through an old road today that has not been plowed all winter. May get some video of that.. Yesterday put chains on all four wheels as the snow is 12-15" deep and wet now that the temps are 30's-40's.
Hope that getting the snow off will help dry off that east slope earlier this spring.
Just a lot nicer to keep the town road clear and easy when having the toys to do it.