B2601: Removing Front End Loader without the Bucket attached?

/ B2601: Removing Front End Loader without the Bucket attached? #1  

Rdrcr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501 HST 4WD w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), Cub Cadet Pro Z 560 S KW (Current), B2601 Kubota (Sold), E170 John Deere (Sold)
I'm curious to learn if it is possible to remove the Front End Loader without the Bucket attached and if the Loader assembly will remain stable if stored without the Bucket?

The reason I'm considering this, is because I don't plan on storing my B2601 with the Loader attached and I may want to use the smaller Bucket (with BX piranha tooth bar) on my L2501 for some tasks where a smaller Bucket might prove useful.

So, out of curiosity, has anyone successfully removed their Front End Loader without the Bucket attached and what was your experience?

Thanks,

Mike

/ B2601: Removing Front End Loader without the Bucket attached? #2  
I’ve had plenty of B’s and now a BX2670. I remove my loader all the time without the bucket, but I have an advantage. I have a 2” receiver built into my quick hitch, that allows me to insert a drawbar to use for leverage onto a 6x6 to lift the tractor front end to pull the loader saddle pins, and then curl up the receiver to let the loader frame fall forward and drop out if the saddles. If you have a B with the SSQA, you’re probably not going to have a way to cantilever the loader frame out of the saddles without the bucket for weight. It will take some manual labor, I’ll bet.

/ B2601: Removing Front End Loader without the Bucket attached?
^^^^
Thanks for your reply and sharing your experience!

Dang, that’s what I figured. I don’t necessarily want to use manual labor to get it back on...I may have to rethink my strategy or install a receiver as you have.

Mike

/ B2601: Removing Front End Loader without the Bucket attached? #4  
What if it was anchored to a post, tree, or something else suitable?
I’ve always had the same question, different brand, but always wondered if it would just tip over on the stands without bucket.

/ B2601: Removing Front End Loader without the Bucket attached? #5  
I’ve been trying to build a dolly for mine to use without the bucket. The first problem is the loader frame without the bucket is heavy on the wrong end. Secondly, the loader frame HAS TO tip out of the loader stanchions by pivoting on the loader stand. I built a temporary dolly, thinking I could use the 2” receiver in my loader quick attach to curl the bucket out of the stanchions, but the geometry is off and it pulls on the loader frame instead of tipping it. Someday I’ll revisit it, but hours of messing with it just wouldn’t work. I’m a fairly big boy, so I just grab the loader manually and pull it off and swing it around. Not sure I’ll be doing that in 20 years.

What if it was anchored to a post, tree, or something else suitable?
I’ve always had the same question, different brand, but always wondered if it would just tip over on the stands without bucket.

Totally! I’m not necessarily the type to make something that could solve this issue but, if I ever get the time, I’d like to research it. I would really like to store the loader without the bucket

Mike

I’ve been trying to build a dolly for mine to use without the bucket. The first problem is the loader frame without the bucket is heavy on the wrong end. Secondly, the loader frame HAS TO tip out of the loader stanchions by pivoting on the loader stand. I built a temporary dolly, thinking I could use the 2” receiver in my loader quick attach to curl the bucket out of the stanchions, but the geometry is off and it pulls on the loader frame instead of tipping it. Someday I’ll revisit it, but hours of messing with it just wouldn’t work. I’m a fairly big boy, so I just grab the loader manually and pull it off and swing it around. Not sure I’ll be doing that in 20 years.

A dolly would be awesome! But, your experience is why I haven’t even tried to remove the loader without the bucket...I’m not sure if I could muscle it back in place. I have a hard enough time muscling implements around, lol....which is why I have a quick hitch!

I’m glad you’ve spent some time investigating a solution...perhaps one day...

Mike

/ B2601: Removing Front End Loader without the Bucket attached? #10  
A dolly would be awesome! But, your experience is why I haven’t even tried to remove the loader without the bucket...I’m not sure if I could muscle it back in place. I have a hard enough time muscling implements around, lol....which is why I have a quick hitch!

I’m glad you’ve spent some time investigating a solution...perhaps one day...

Mike

I’m trying to finagle a deal on a B2601 right now. If I get one, I’ll still be working on this. I will say, the SSQA might give you enough weight to pop the loader out if the stanchions, but without the bucket, you lose the ability to pivot the loader frame on the stand to get the loader back in the stanchions.
Now, you might consider making a 2-piece dolly that allows you to remove the loader with the bucket, then remove the bucket and unbuckle a portion of the dolly to roll away the bucket. I store my bucket on a shelf with my MMM above my bagger, so I need the loader to put it up there.
I’ll be working on this, and I’ll pipe in if I get it figured out... and I WILL.