Satoh s630 (Bull) fuel filter lock ring

/ Satoh s630 (Bull) fuel filter lock ring #1  

mray16

Tractor
satoh s630 x 2
I'm new here and looking for some info or part . I just bought a Satoh s 630 for back up to the one I use. The seller claims it ran fine until he cracked the fuel filter in his vineyard. He bypassed the fuel filter unit and connected fuel line directly to fuel pump., but said he couldn't get it to start said he didn't bleed fuel line. also says it needs new switch. What i'm looking for is the lock ring for the fuel filter, also would it be ok to just install an inline fuel filter. I know it needs some kind of filter. Thanks in advance.

/ Satoh s630 (Bull) fuel filter lock ring #2  
It is a diesel, no.

You can refit and use a spin on filter for water separation though. It definitely needs to be bled for it to get the diesel into the injector pump and injectors. It's a simple process, crack the flarenuts until the air is gone.

If you want the old ring, most older ag suppliers will have them kicking around. They were not uncommon.
563363_FUL.30112018100039.jpg

View attachment 695827

/ Satoh s630 (Bull) fuel filter lock ring
thanks i guess i'll ck with valleypower

thanks i guess i'll ck with valleypower
If I don't find a lock ring bowl and filter cartridge can't I just retro fit a complete unit as was suggested above from say a Kubota?

/ Satoh s630 (Bull) fuel filter lock ring #5  
Yup, just have to find a spot to mount it.

thanks for the reply, don't have confidence in my ideas anymore.