TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,322  
You Sir are a true man. Can't help but be in awe...
Has nothing to do with it. I'm an OLD man who prefers larger bore handguns and long guns. What muzzle brakes are for. Everything I own is either braked or magna ported except my Kimber.

Anyone who discharges a magnum caliber rifle (especially) without a brake is insane. Felt recoil in a +.30 caliber firearm can be a bone breaker.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,324  
Well I'll keep on shooting my .22's and let the big bad asses talk about themselves.
Funny stuff Lou a lot hard ass gunslingers out this way.Good post.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,325  
I have a different take than 5030. But I have different circumstances. Like in most things, one size does not fit all.

I am a girly man. Have no desire to beat myself up shooting the large bore revolvers and more importantly have no use for them. I hunt with a rifle and it delivers more accuracy, range and terminal ballistics than a pistol caliber.

As to carry gun caliber, if it is not available in a Glock or Kahr, I do not want it...BTW I used to be a Glock hater and 1911 snob until I learned better. I had settled on the .40 until a few years ago. My fiancé does not like shooting the .40 so I got conversion barrels to shoot 9mm. I want us to shoot the same guns and have the same magazines. If/when the SHTF....I believe in KISS.

I am not the shooter I was decades ago. 400 yards is at the maximum for an ethical shot on game for me. My "pitiful" .308's are ok for deer at that range. Kept the .300 Mag to hunt elk but added a muzzle brake as it hits too hard at the back end to be fun. Will likely shed it soon after I get my first, and last, elk unless I draw a cow permit.

Too many shoot WunderThunders to prove they are a man, or get sucked into whatever the latest caliber of week is being hyped by the gun rags. There are a few, like 5030, that are capable but from what I have seen, most are rather pathetic marksmen. I had to sight in a .338 Mag for a guy shooting next to me one time. I was shooting sub 1" with a .222, he was shooting 10-12" patterns at 100 yards. He asked for help to check if his rifle/scope was screwed up, I got 1.5" groups. I had to stop after 12 shots...it hurt too much for this *****. Told him to buy a .30/06 he could hit with, as he was setting himself up to wound game with that .338 Mag.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,327  
Has nothing to do with it. I'm an OLD man who prefers larger bore handguns and long guns. What muzzle brakes are for. Everything I own is either braked or magna ported except my Kimber.

Anyone who discharges a magnum caliber rifle (especially) without a brake is insane. Felt recoil in a +.30 caliber firearm can be a bone breaker.
If you can't tell, I was being facetious in my comment directed towards you.

You really need to work on your people skills. I can be a butthole, but at least I know it, and if I am out of line, have no issues with apologizing with being a butthole if someone calls me on it.

News flash... Just because YOU prefer larger bore handguns and rifles is great. Thing is, you come across as a total jerk via your written word about .380's a 9MM just because they are not your cup of tea.

See below, different subject other than guns...
C.png

The above post is about a man going to spend 18k of his hard earned money on a tractor, and Coobie hit the nail on the head IMO where you seem to talk down on people because all you can do is make a smart arse comment.

That comment was just as smart arsed as the .380 and 9MM comment of yours.

There is an old bumper sticker on my long ago VW that stated "whatever floats your boat". Basically, it means whatever YOU like, who cares what anyone else thinks.

When it comes to firearms, its the enjoyment of shooting we need to embrace to get new blood into the world of shooting guns. Generally speaking, anyone new to guns with me, I start off on a .22LR and work our way up from there. The last thing you should ever do is give someone a large caliber gun and let them "knock themselves" out on it, as they probably won't have a good experience and may not want to shoot anymore after that. The best gun for ANYONE is the one that they can hit their target and enjoy practicing with.

Now, show up with a 10/22 with a 30 or 50 round banana mag and do a mag dump and laugh kind of weird after doing it, I probably won't hang around...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,328  
I am a girly man.
Lake placid, around 1999, holloween party, I was a knockout wearing high heals, pantyhose with a mini skirt (with killer legs mind you), blonde wig with luscious red lipstick. The black beard (no grey back then) kind of stuck out like a sore thumb though.

Point being, I'm a girly man to AND I carry a 9 as a primary now ;) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,329  
I don't own anything under .45 other than m y 2 Ruger / Volquartsen match target semi auto's but they are for 50 foot indoor match. I consider .380 and 9's as lady guns or limp wrist firearms. Even my derringer is a 45LC. I prefer shooting a 44 or 500 Smith or my 45 Kimber. They all recoil and I like recoil.
I slept at a Holiday Inn last night with my Taurus Judge under the pillow... 💪

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
#7,330  
Lake placid, around 1999, holloween party, I was a knockout wearing high heals, pantyhose with a mini skirt (with killer legs mind you), blonde wig with luscious red lipstick. The black beard (no grey back then) kind of stuck out like a sore thumb though.

Point being, I'm a girly man to ;) :ROFLMAO:
Normally I would say, pics please or it didn't happen... but in this case, I will take your word for it! o_O