My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,311  
I would have waited for the inspector to say if he wanted double header at the pull down stairs. I doubt he would have said anything.

I found it’s best to leave the inspector an obvious that’s easy to fix, they seem to want to ding you on something.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,312  
Also on the blocking prior to drywall install, think about towel bar location, tp holder, coat hooks, closet bars, etc. I hate using those flimsy drywall anchors to hold items. Take pictures where you placed blocking. Also, think about trim width around doorways and windows before install blue boxes. Sometimes a double stud is not wide enough. Enjoying your build. Jon

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,313  
Watching latest video, Gonna make me buy one of those battery powered hand planers, lol.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,314  
For some reason, i was unable to access TBN all weekend. Worked on the other side stairs and additional framing. The framing is taking forever. Such a drag. Hoping to be done soon so that I can move on to something else that I wont like doing.

Lowes notified me that 8 of my doors were at the store. All broken. I wasted an evening driving there instead of working on the house

Good times

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,315  
I don’t know how many links I failed to add here but this is the one I dropped today. All the issues I was having logging in this weekend are gone now.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,316  
Lowes didn't know the doors were damaged.....that's a bummer indeed ? If possible get a few pallets or concrete/wooden blocks and put that water tote on top of them. Makes it easier to fill 5 gallon buckets. If the tote is higher than the surrounding ground just hook a hose up to the tote and let gravity do the job....saves time walking back and forth !!

Is there a reason you are dry walling the attic space ?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,317  
For your valve and garden hose adapter on your IBC tote check out this DIY info:

Just a simple 2" coupler, a PVC adapter and a garden hose fitting. Add a garden hose on/off lever valve and you're good to go. We did this for several totes for making a rain barrel.

Just FYI, don't use the tote's own valve too much... they aren't designed for repeated use and they will break.

Rob

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,318  
For your valve and garden hose adapter on your IBC tote check out this DIY info:

Just a simple 2" coupler, a PVC adapter and a garden hose fitting. Add a garden hose on/off lever valve and you're good to go. We did this for several totes for making a rain barrel.

Just FYI, don't use the tote's own valve too much... they aren't designed for repeated use and they will break.

Rob
We have a garden hose fitting attached to our tote when we picked it up from previous owner. He was using his to water his garden. We used ours first to supply water to the fifth wheel camper we lived in while the house was being built. Now we are using it to water the trees we have planted. Just carry the tote on the forks and short hose to water. Sometimes we use a bucket because we can't get the tote and tractor close enough. (Yes we sanitized the tote before using it for drinking water. We would need to do again if we started using it for drinking water, though.) Jon

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,319  
IMG_9826.JPG

This is on the one I got from my FIL. Clamped on 2” rubber sleeve clamped to 2” x 3/4” adapter.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,320  
Thanks for the pic. Now to Rural King for supplies !! I currently i have the original valve with a handle that is hard to turn. My tote sets out in the open so when it rains the tray i have on top of it collects the rain...fills up fast with a heavy rain.