Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,462  
Global warming due to human behavior is a fact. Another fact is, we are gonna use the cheapest easiest thing there is, in any and all cases, and hope for the best.

I've been watching "save the rainforests" documentaries for 50 years. It's an industry onto itself.

As some one else said, feel good BS.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,463  
They're not my facts.
True, but if someone’s not in lockstep with what you are parroting off CNN, the Atlantic, or the Ivy League faculty lounge, you are labeling them.
That’s not respectful discussion.
Unfortunately, this type of social discourse is pervasive in social media today and tearing us apart.

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,464  
Global warming due to human behavior is a fact. Another fact is, we are gonna use the cheapest easiest thing there is, in any and all cases, and hope for the best.

I've been watching "save the rainforests" documentaries for 50 years. It's an industry onto itself.

As some one else said, feel good BS.
Of course it is, but what should we do, stop exhaling because it creates a .000000000000000000000000001% contribution to global warming? Lol
Mere existence of humanity creates some global warming, but there’s no reason to go into freak-out mode (I’m not saying you are, but some are).
Some global warming doesn’t mean the world is going to end in 10 years! We have been told this in 4 previous decades 90’s, 2000’s, 2010’s, now 2020’s.........”world will end in 10 years unless we spend 7 trillion on [insert list here]”. When will someone call out those who were wrong?
Yet here we are, still debating their same fear mongering. The world is not going to end in 10 years!

Im all for cleaning up exhaust and EVs. I drive a diesel truck with probably $10,000 extra cost added in DEF/DPF equipment, decreasing reliability and increasing cost. If a reliable EV truck comes along, I would probably buy it!
I just think we all need to take a breath and realize there are more sinister powers at play here and we need to take the blinders off. We have to be careful we don’t throw the baby out with the bath water spending trillions “saving” an environment that doesn’t need that much “saving”.

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,465  
Of course it is, but what should we do, stop exhaling because it creates a .000000000000000000000000001% contribution to global warming? Lol
Mere existence of humanity creates some global warming, but there’s no reason to go into freak-out mode (I’m not saying you are, but some are).
Some global warming doesn’t mean the world is going to end in 10 years! We have been told this in 4 previous decades 90’s, 2000’s, 2010’s, now 2020’s.........”world will end in 10 years unless we spend 7 trillion on [insert list here]”. When will someone call out those who were wrong?
Yet here we are, still debating their same fear mongering. The world is not going to end in 10 years!
AOC said 12 years, almost 3 years ago......so maybe 9 years now?
I'm not really very concerned.
Probably won't make it to 89 anyway!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,466  
AOC said 12 years, almost 3 years ago......so maybe 9 years now?
I'm not really very concerned.
Probably won't make it to 89 anyway!
I hope you do, your wisdom is needed more than ever!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,467  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,468  
And if I havent said it before, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE and SACRIFICE! (I would insert an emoji, but theres no patriotic emojis) hahahahaha

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,469  
Canoo has their investor relations day this Thursday at the Texas Motor Speedway. Updates on vehicles, including crash/safety testing, and a chance for outsiders to get their hands on the vehicles. Lifestyle van, delivery van (MPDV), and the truck.
Hopefully will hear reports on possible manufacturing sites and partners, pre order numbers, and updates on timelines for each vehicle.
Rumors about a sedan also sprouted up two weeks ago.
All of the above vehicles use the same chassis.
View attachment 702372View attachment 702373View attachment 702374
I really like that pickup and hope they make it. I saw that the CEO just went over to Apple to help develop their upcoming EV but I'm not sure if that's a positive or a negative. If nothing else it's a good example of the design freedom EVs offer and gets people thinking more broadly about what a vehicle can be.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#2,470  
Status
Not open for further replies.