TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,041  
s2s, please to share what gun/caliber is as capable as your Daughter is. I'd have to be 10m or less and with a PCP pellet gun to come close to that kind of accuracy/precision/whatever. o_O btw, dare say that so far I've been more lucky than good. :sneaky:
It’s a GAP build on a tenacity action in a Manners youth stock, 6.5C. I think she was still shooting 130 Hornady white box when she was doing gumballs.

She’s gotten into more dynamic shooting styles now but we do need to practice groups for a match in September so maybe she’ll try for five in a row when we start that:oops:
Lane prep.
1E49B7AB-9F66-4D87-85E7-C91A63AE491C.jpeg

Identify targets prior to
1FF4CC6B-F7CD-4844-AD1C-A341C2E65208.jpeg

Taking care of business.
1044D1CB-B170-45AF-8308-7FFE57E90C35.jpeg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,043  
This Ruger has been sold.

Attachments

• i-MVKzh4w-XL.jpg
    i-MVKzh4w-XL.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 87

Attachments

• Ruger.jpg
    Ruger.jpg
    791.9 KB · Views: 92

btw, what do we do to ship ammo? UPS, FedEx? HGs are easy enough but the only FFL I've found locally who ships HGs charges me a transfer fee at my end too and his shipping is steep. To me well north of $100 seems a bit much even for both

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,044  
I don't have all the answers, but I did see on UPS's website several stipulations. One that bothers me is "Contractual", which may mean only from someone that has been approved, such as a business that regularly ships Hazmat items and is trained to do it. The way it has to be handed off to UPS also is a unique requirement, as drop boxes and such aren't allowed, only the actual UPS sites.(counters at UPS operational facilities) We have one here, and I use it for anything that I ship UPS because it is just as convenient and sidesteps another person handling it. Are you close to one?

ORM-D - Ground Service

The ORM-D classification for hazardous materials is obsolete, effective January 1, 2021. This includes Consumer Commodity; Cartridges, Small Arms; and Cartridge, Power Device. Refer to the Limited Quantity Exception for Ground Service to determine if your material qualifies for the Limited Quantity exception.

and yet...

Is a Hazardous Materials Label or Marking Required?​

Yes, qualified packages that meet the definition of Cartridges, small arms must be marked with the Limited Quantity black and white marking when shipped by UPS Ground within the 48 contiguous states, UPS Ground Intra-Oahu and Intra-Alaska. Shipping papers are not required.

ormd_ammunition_diamond.jpg

The Limited Quantity marking (approximately 4 X 4 inches) must be securely affixed to your package and placed on package as a "square on point" or "diamond".

Getting the Package to UPS​

Cartridges, small arms may be shipped only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account using various UPS pickup services , or through a UPS Customer Center (counters at UPS operational facilities). Note: Cartridges, small arms are not accepted for shipment via UPS Drop Boxes, and may not be tendered to or dropped off at locations of The UPS Store® or any third party retailer or UPS Access Point™ location.
Domestic Cartridges, small arms shipments that meet the exception for Limited Quantity packages and that comply with all UPS requirements for the shipment of ammunition (as set forth above, in the "Shipping Firearms or Ammunition" guidelines, and in the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service and the UPS Rate and Service Guide in effect at the time of shipping ("UPS Terms")) may be delivered by UPS to a third party retailer or UPS Access Point™ location in the United States.

Important Additional Information

• Ammunition may not be packaged with firearms NOTE THIS ONE!!!
  • Ammunition may not be shipped to individuals under the age of 18
  • Ammunition is not accepted for shipment internationally

For additional information regarding firearm and ammunition shipments, see "Shipping Firearms or Ammunition," at the link below, or contact UPS.

Shipping Firearms or Ammunition

David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,045  
Just more laws and regulations to hamstring small businesses and the honest working man. Does anyone really think that criminals abide by any of them?
Sad.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,046  
... the only FFL I've found locally who ships HGs charges me a transfer fee at my end too and his shipping is steep. To me well north of $100 seems a bit much even for both
Wow. Pretty sure I'd never do business with a guy like that, not more than once, anyway.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,047  
If I had to deal with money-grubbing morons, I would just get my own FFL. At 70 years old, I don't shoot enough or have a need for to many more firearms to be bothered by fools. There are always other (legal) options.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,048  
Shipping from an individual to an FFL is possible, so he can skip taking it to his FFL. You just have to make sure that the receiver FFL is willing to accept it. (and their requirements)Very few in my area will acceptfrom an individual, but I have found one, and another 300 miles away. It is company policy not law that controls it.
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,049  
Shipping from an individual to an FFL is possible, so he can skip taking it to his FFL. You just have to make sure that the receiver FFL is willing to accept it. (and their requirements)Very few in my area will acceptfrom an individual, but I have found one, and another 300 miles away. It is company policy not law that controls it.
David from jax
One FFL explained their position to me; its a $25 transfer, and they aren't going to take any risks they don't feel good about over $25. Its not required, but very few will do it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,050  
One FFL explained their position to me; its a $25 transfer, and they aren't going to take any risks they don't feel good about over $25. Its not required, but very few will do it.
My primary shop is run by a bunch of great guys. They use to recieve private firearms in from out of state from non FFL's, but at the end of the day, dealing with the general public, from out of state people you don't know can get old real quick.

When a firearm comes in from a FFL, generally all paperwork is in order, less hassel on the reviever FFL's end.

I can't blame a FFL only wanting a firearm coming in from another FFL from out of state.