What tires are on your truck?

/ What tires are on your truck? #41  
NITTO Terra Grapplers

/ What tires are on your truck?
I'm running BFG A/T KO2's on my current truck, second set on them, first set were the older "KO"s. Could immediately tell the difference in traction and tread noise. Still running KO's on my wife's 4Runner. Good traction in most conditions. No "All Terrain" tire does well in sloppy mud, but for the most part we don't deal with sloppy, deep mud here. The BFG's have been all I've run on my last half dozen 4x4's. They just work.

Haven't had a Firestone product since the 70's. Won't give them a dime. Had one of their "721" tires blow the front fender clean off of a brand new '77 Chrysler while going down the freeway. Firestone lawyered up and wouldn't pay for anything. We eventually beat them, but they'll never see another dime of my money. They can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

Michelins have always been good tires.
I’ve never run on Firestones but I do remember many years ago a lot of blowout stories like yours.

/ What tires are on your truck? #46  
I don't hold Firestone responsible for all those blowouts. Even though Firestone paid the price, it was Fords fault.
I remember that. I'm so sick of hearing people say the Ford Explorer was unsafe. I had a 95 two door sport and it was not unstable at all. The problem came with Ford saying to run, it was either 24 or 26 PSI? in the tires. That was what was on the door jam sticker.
And that was the problem with the tires and the roll overs. I always ran 32 PSI in mine and never had an issue.

That's why you saw most of the blowouts and roll overs in the States where the temperatures were much higher than up here.

/ What tires are on your truck?
I remember that. I'm so sick of hearing people say the Ford Explorer was unsafe. I had a 95 two door sport and it was not unstable at all. The problem came with Ford saying to run, it was either 24 or 26 PSI? in the tires. That was what was on the door jam sticker.
And that was the problem with the tires and the roll overs. I always ran 32 PSI in mine and never had an issue.

That's why you saw most of the blowouts and roll overs in the States where the temperatures were much higher than up here.
I never heard that it was a tire pressure problem ,that was the root cause. Interesting post.

Last edited:
   / What tires are on your truck? #48  
I've got five different kinds of tires counting the spare. I can't remember the brands.

/ What tires are on your truck? #49  

A lot of it happened because they ran the tires past when they should replace. At the same time driving 70 mph all the time. Tread would peel off. Seen it happen and had it happen. I will still buy Firestone.

/ What tires are on your truck? #50  
Yokohama Geolander AT. Not cheap but quiet and pretty decent in the snow.