Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,321  
P1030005.JPG

My office is in the back of the house and I had this curios visitor checking me out a few wks. ago.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,322  
Cougar 001.jpg

I've spent my whole life trying to see let alone get a pic. of a cougar. I sure was surprised when I looked out my office window and this big guy was walking past. Grabed a camera ran out the back dr. said hello to stop him then was in so big a hurry to get the pic. I didn't hold very still resulting in blur :eek:(.

Attachments

• Cougar 002.jpg
    Cougar 002.jpg
    681.1 KB · Views: 46
   / Cool Nature Photos #1,323  
Apologize for the quality of my pics. compared to the beautiful photos many here post that I enjoy seeing so much.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,324  
View attachment 733883
I've spent my whole life trying to see let alone get a pic. of a cougar. I sure was surprised when I looked out my office window and this big guy was walking past. Grabed a camera ran out the back dr. said hello to stop him then was in so big a hurry to get the pic. I didn't hold very still resulting in blur :eek:(.
Outstanding. I've only seen one in the wild, and it was just outside of Yosemite. A buddy and I had backpacked into an area to see if it would be worthwhile to go deer hunting there in the Fall. We saw a group of deer on the side of a mountain that where all eating, and then all of a sudden, we couldn't see them anymore. A minute later a mountain lion walked across the mountain. It was so fluid looking as it walked. Not like anything I have ever seen before. At first, we where not even sure what it was, but he tail gave it away, and then it was obvious. As soon as it was out of sight, the deer showed up again. It was very surreal.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,325  
I've followed their tracks in the snow here a no. of times over the yrs. but they never let me get close enough to see them . That was a good sighting for you Eddie .

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,326  
View attachment 733883
Holy hell that thing is huge. They certainly look very nice. But meeting with such a cat can end badly.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,328  
I've followed their tracks in the snow here a no. of times over the yrs. but they never let me get close enough to see them . That was a good sighting for you Eddie .

I've had them follow me! Hiked several miles up a narrow canyon some years ago on about 1" of fresh snow. Coming back down, there were HUGE cat tracks in the snow right alongside my footprints, for nearly a mile. Probably it was just curious, but it sure made me nervous!

Then, not so many years ago I rode my Yamaha down a long-unused road in the high country of Utah. On the way back I noticed these...and from the tracks, it had been loping along behind me:
IMG_4030eer.jpg

In another canyon, along a small stream I came across the remains of a lion kill - this time a horse. Probably an old and feeble mustang, so the lion was able to bring it down.
IMG_0506er.jpg

In the soft ground nearby were tracks as wide as my boot:
IMG_0500ee.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,329  
I have spent a lot of time in the woods during my long life and have seen a lot of animals including Bobcats, but I have never seen a Cougar (although I have seen their tracks).

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,330  
Yet to seem Mountain lion in our state and I our state says there aren't any,but the old loggers trappers say there here...our state says it's against the law to kill mountain lion.