Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future
Stop whining. That's nothing compared to the screwing we are giving the youth of today..... ;)
Our kids turn 25 later this year and I am concerned when talking with that age group.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #22  
   / Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #23  
Our kids turn 25 later this year and I am concerned when talking with that age group.
Me too Gale. I visit with 25-45 year olds a lot. I always express my concern for them and try to prepare them for the life they may have when they are my age. I struggle to find optimism. My biggest concern for them is the smaller percentage that is willing to carry their share of the "load". In our age group a high percentage shares the load and works toward self sufficient retirement. They don't have that luxury.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #24  
YOU are the problem! If you had the common decency to die at 65, like we used to, we wouldn't be in this mess!
But we aren't living longer anymore if suicide and drug overdoses are counted. The long upward age trend has been flat or reversed since 2014.

US birth rates have also been in decline for some time as well, which means less new workers to fill in and fund SS and Medicare as many of us baby boomers retire.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #25  
Oldest heads to college this fall. I was giving her a hard time about the boys on campus and without a pause she said "Dad, I could easily beat-up half the boys here and probably the other half if I had too". She wasn't impressed with the urbanites.

But what really scares me is the 12-20 year olds right now. I'm not seeing even interest in the opposite sex let alone dating etc. Very odd to me.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #26  
Oldest heads to college this fall. I was giving her a hard time about the boys on campus and without a pause she said "Dad, I could easily beat-up half the boys here and probably the other half if I had too". She wasn't impressed with the urbanites.

But what really scares me is the 12-20 year olds right now. I'm not seeing even interest in the opposite sex let alone dating etc. Very odd to me.
You and I have incredibly similar situations in life. My daughter and wife are tougher than most of the “males” I see around here. My daughter has difficulty with dates. She’s beautiful, athletic and smart, but when the prospective boy sees my son, they get scared off. lol
He’s got that “stare” and the farm tough thing goin pretty good hahahaha

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #27  
But we aren't living longer anymore if suicide and drug overdoses are counted. The long upward age trend has been flat or reversed since 2014.

US birth rates have also been in decline for some time as well, which means less new workers to fill in and fund SS and Medicare as many of us baby boomers retire.
Yeah, if we'd close our borders we'd probably be in a declining population number. There are those that will use that as a reason to allow mass immigration. Someone to do the work. Research the Roman Empire to see how that worked out. :)

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #29  
as soon as foreign conscripts fill the ranks, its pretty much over.
Russia kind of finding that out right now

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

I hear your last point well. Japan has a huge problem with young people showing interest in starting families.

When the human mind doesn't see hope in the future things can start to run in reverse.