My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,401  
As long as you use it like Eddie said - just for final cleanup, not mass disposal - then it is fine and a nice feature. That is exactly what we do. And if you don't pull the wire now for the outlet and switch, you are hosed if you want to do it later... Easy to rough it in and cap/abandon if you eventually find you don't want to use it. Plus having the power under the sink allows you to add an RO or instant water heater if you want later on...

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,402  
BTW, A tip I read years ago for stuffing wires is a great one, IMO. Take the butt end of your hammer with a rubber grip and use that to give a final push to shove the wires all the way back into the box after you have already got them in there by hand. You don't want to go crazy hard and end up damaging insulation, but it helps seat them as far back as reasonably possible, and is a lot easier on your hands.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,403  
And I have yet to buy a palm nailer. Very handy.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,404  
I forgot to add a link for the video I put out today

Its time consuming work but do it right the first time ! I don't like running flex gas line in a wall cavity. I always install iron pipe and make no flex pipe connections until it stubs out of the wall. Things are progressing well ...soon for drywall...yeah !

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,406  
Its time consuming work but do it right the first time ! I don't like running flex gas line in a wall cavity. I always install iron pipe and make no flex pipe connections until it stubs out of the wall.
Code for residential in Alberta is no gas pipe in an enclosed space at all. You can go through a wall but aren't allowed any joints inside a wall. You can't cover gas pipe with gyprock but you can run a line in a suspended ceiling. Code is that all connections need to be accessible. There's probably more that I'm missing but that covers the jist of it.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,407  
House has had disposal since 1995 no problems

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,408  
I have one and use it mostly for tight spaces where i can't get a good swing from the hammer !
I finished the interior of my pole barn in the winter (before heater) and I bought a palm nailer after I got tired of hitting my cold fingers with the hammer when putting up the ceiling rafters. My index finger and thumb on my left hand were very happy!!!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,409  
After reading Buckeye’s response I asked my wife if her Fire Clay sink could hold a disposal she said yes so I am going to put one in. I have roughed in all the boxes and walked thru the house a dozen times and I find a new one almost every time that has not been done. I have two lines to pull for the kitchen (the disposal and the dishwasher) and I should be done except for the AC lines and the dryer line today. Only reason I wont be done with AC lines is I am not certain of the manner to take it out of the house into a conduit. I am going to talk to my electrician and perhaps get him to help me with it. At the least, I want him to do a visual inspection of my service panels even if it is by face time. I have flexible steel conduit for the gas line in the wall to make sure I satisfy all the inspection requirements. It is made for csst, so I should be good.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,410  
Have you thought about under cabinet lights over the kitchen counters?
We have 3, very useful. (y)

20220704_120635.jpg