Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,701  
Good morning! 75˚F heading to 100˚+ again. I need to work in the yard this morning, mow and hand water, before the real heat comes. We can only use our yard irrigation system once a week and with such hot temps the yards are dying. Everything gets brittle after 2 days without water, the pot plants have to be watered twice a day.

A lot of ya'll have really pleasant temps, send that cold front down here, and we won't refuse a little rain either.

I have 2 rewards for shopping at the local grocery, that entitles me to 20¢ off each gallon of gas during a fill up, and since my Ranger's fuel gauge just turned yellow that will be a priority this morning also during the store run.

This afternoon during the heat I have a book - "The Wright Brothers" by David McCullough. A very well researched and written book.

Don't forget it's kitty's "Tummy Rub Tuesday".

/ Good morning!!!! #153,702  
Good morning! 75˚F heading to 100˚+ again. I need to work in the yard this morning, mow and hand water, before the real heat comes. We can only use our yard irrigation system once a week and with such hot temps the yards are dying. Everything gets brittle after 2 days without water, the pot plants have to be watered twice a day.
Did you mean potted plants?

/ Good morning!!!! #153,703  
Good Morning!!!! 77F @ 5AM. Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. High 96F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

Still catching up with you folks.

Hope your bear doesn't earn 7 years bad luck for you, Thomas.

How did you get all that stuff home from the auction, Kyle? Did you need more than one trip?

No mechanical issues on the trip, just one electronic bug. The wire on one of the ear buds I use to block out noise failed, and I couldn't find the spare pair I carry. Hope I didn't lose them. Heat didn't turn out to be much of a problem once I figured out I could get my knees and feet outside the fairing. And I wasn't beat up from the turbulence like on the unfaired bikes. Two large vents fed a good amount of air to keep me cool, but direct sun on the jacket did kind of sizzle my arms. Yesterday morning started out in overcast and fog and low 50s temps, and finished up in bright sun at right about 100F. Seven hours and about 450 miles each way. I like the new tires, but the front needs more air for lighter steering.

I made dinner Thursday afternoon while my friend was at work. Spaghetti with meat sauce and a salad from whatever I could find in the fridge and pantry. Must have been good 'cause I got invited back. When we checked for upcoming rocket launches, the schedule said there'd be another on Friday afternoon. When we checked Friday morning, it was due in half an hour! So we watched from my friend's front yard, and the view was about the same as we got from the ridge top, but a lot more convenient. Puttered the day away with some hiking with the dog, a little home improvement, and a movie. That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the weekend. The weather was really nice, though, with overcast and fog early mornings, warm breezy afternoons, and cool nights. The house has no A/C, so the cool temps were appreciated.

One of the hikes was to a beach that was bordered by farmland. Huge fields of vegetables of all types. Big tractors, too.
osoFlacoField.jpg

The trail out to the beach ran through wetlands over boardwalks. This fellow was paddling around near one of the bridges.
osoFlacoBird.jpg

That afternoon we walked around a farmer's market in downtown Lompoc killing time before our restaurant of choice opened. It seemed like every building had at least one wall painted with a mural of some sort, most of them dealing with the history of the area.
lompocMural.jpg

This one was so long it wouldn't all fit in the photo frame. I haven't seen any graffiti anywhere, and very few homeless as well. Lompoc must be doing something right.

The plumbing supplies I ordered were waiting on me when I got back, but the Amazon drivers have yet to figure out what the parcel box is for. Rocket scientists they're not. So plumbing is on today's agenda, and maybe some grading out of the trench if it doesn't get too hot. Not holding my breath on that one...

/ Good morning!!!! #153,704  
Good Morning.
It’s 68 and will barely make 80 today. Overcast with 70% humidity, but no rain.

Yesterday was another inside day, putting stuff away, tinkered with the recordings from Saturday’s show, interesting having all the individual tracks as well as the two track feed to the PA.
Ran a new airline into the machine shop, did a small machining project for a neighbor. Amazon brought me a new Makita 1/2” impact gun, this one does over 1100 ft lbs, my old one does 345. Now I should be able to break much more stuff…

Off to breakfast with the professor, then I’ll see what I can get into.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,705  
Morning all, Going up to 83 and partly sunny.
No rain, officially in drought and the maples are dropping leaves.
Spend lots of time watering stuff now.

No Peaches or pears on the trees.

Old Coworkers neighbor decided to burn leaves and torched his house and melted the siding on my CW house. Burn leaves in a drought, not the sharpist stick .....

A little peek at the trip up the Eiger mountains to Jungfraujoch.
Miss the chill right now.

20220706_093645.jpg
20220706_102426.jpg
20220706_102818.jpg

20220706_102130.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #153,706  
Morning to all:

Drew, sorry to hear all the ills of your friends.

Our past week has been hot and humid, not good weather for an over weight older person.
Haven't gotten much done outside because of the weather. Did make some progress on
the kitchen/living room remodel most of the electrical changes done, new lighting and ceiling fans up and working,
new home runs from the breaker panel to under the kitchen and ready for new receptacles when the cabinets come out.
Now it's time to start varnishing the wood for the ceiling.
Had a few severe thunder storms in the area the last few days, the worst missed me by a couple of miles,
and we got some needed rain.

Heard a new song today that I liked; Progress by John Rich, some will like some will not.

Wishing all a good day

/ Good morning!!!! #153,707  
Speaking of onions, on way to work I passed a flat bed tractor trailer full of pallets of bagged onions. The top was covered, but sides not so they can get air. I wondered how many onions were on that truck.

Lots of flooding in ST Louis area. Hope PJ ok.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,708  
Buppies and BEF, and others...just read that a new train excursion is opening up on August 4...2 different trips out of Staunton by the Buckingham Branch Railroad Company...uses a modernized 1940s passenger car. Buckingham Branch is the largest short line railroad in Virginia...they run a section of track near me.

One trip takes you through the Blue Ridge Tunnel through the Blue Ridge Mountains and turns around on the Charlottesville side, the Other through the Alleghany mountains and farmland.

3 hour trips, meal, dessert, beverage.

I already booked a ride in October, day before my birthday. Doing the 3:30 pm East tunnel route.
The 11:30 west route turns around in Goshen. Basically traveling down along rt 42.