Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,761  
Equipment faster 20+ years ago but the trees grow the same rate.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,762  
Equipment faster 20+ years ago but the trees grow the same rate.
WELL, yes and no. Just like your garden, if you have too many trees growing too close together they will grow slowly and some will die before getting big enough to use. Thinning them once in a while reduces competition for nutrients, light, and water. Look at the growth rings of a tree and you can tell when there was a harvest done.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,763  
Today was 70 degrees, cloudy, and breezy. I thought it would be a good day to start moving wood into the 2023/24 side of the wood shed. For me it is pleasant work on a day like this.

22_7_30-1s.jpg

22_7_30-2s.jpg

22_7_30-3s.jpg

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,764  
Yes. I remember hauling wood with a friend. I was 15 maybe, friend was 16 using his grandfathers. Front was in the air more than on ground, all through the stumps. Can’t imagine doing it with the little tractor I bought my mother.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,765  
When doing a clear cut it’s common to see stuff like that left especially when there’s not enough for a load.

Can they chip Cedar out there
Yes, SYP is BIG business here.. Lots of piles of logs around that wouldn't fill a truck at the end of the day. Had one here after a small clear cut I had done a few years ago, finally had a guy come in with a dozer this spring and bury what was left and a couple burn piles.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,768  
^^^ It is really shiny - where are you located grjfer. Just gives us some perspective about you. Maybe put it in your profile.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,769  
Looks nice... and MAN is that tractor shiny!! :D
It's still pretty new, one month old to be exact. I also put a coat of wax on it right after I had got it.
^^^ It is really shiny - where are you located grjfer. Just gives us some perspective about you. Maybe put it in your profile.

gg
North Central Arkansas.