Frustrating but simple problem

/ Frustrating but simple problem #1  

Jframe

I have had a US Yanmar 165D for many years. It's first owner, a municipal government, always left it outdoors in this rainforest next to the Pacific Ocean, but it wasn't a rust bucket when I bought it. I have never left it outside (15 years now), and now that it is 40 years old it doesn't look bad for it's age and 700 hours. It was delivered new with the YBH 656 backhoe and the YFL front-end loader.

It's in need of new hydraulic hoses. It may actually have the originals. Getting ready to change all of them I began with removing the boom hoses on the backhoe. Even though there is no visible corrosion I cannot remove the NPT fitting. A wrench was clearly going to just round off the corners on the 9/16 inch hose fitting. A box-end line wrench wouldn't fit due to clearance with the cylinder. I cut off the hose so I could use a socket. The socket on a breaker-bar easily rounded off the fitting. I drilled a 1/4 inch hole through the fitting so I can have some leverage. So far I have nothing that will fit through the hole and not break off instead of the fitting coming loose. I have applied 3 different chemicals sold for helping, including PB Blaster. This looks like a simple problem, and it is, but I cannot loosen that fitting. I have every reason to expect that every one of the hoses will be like this. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

/ Frustrating but simple problem #2  
Your tractor sounds like a well cared for gem. I don't know your exact fitting. Is it a female hose fitting on a male cylinder fitting? If so, a hydraulic bolt cutter/nut cracker may be the tool of choice.

Heat? Heat, PBlaster, and time? I know some folks who swear by candle wax on a hot fitting.

At some point, it may be easier to take the cylinder off, take it to a machine shop to drill out the offending adapter fitting and thread in a new fitting.

Often, I get to the page where I make peace with the fact that the problem fitting or bolt is toast and then I feel better about going to town on it, at which point it usually rolls over and gives up. A larger pipe wrench with an extender bar? ...my enforcer wrench is 4' long.

All the best,

Peter

/ Frustrating but simple problem #3  
Do you have enough room to get a pipe wrench on it?

/ Frustrating but simple problem #4  
Heat it up with a propane torch and use a Stillson pipe wrench to remove it. One thing about a pipe wrench is, the tighter the fitting is, the harder it bites. Been known to add a cheater pipe to a pipe wrench handle in the past too.

/ Frustrating but simple problem #6  
Heat it then put a wet cloth on it. It's a trick I learned for rusty brake lines. The hot then cold shock really does wonders.

/ Frustrating but simple problem
Thanks for the replies. I used heat with an electric heat gun but should try a torch. The Yanmar book for the BH just calls for 10-40 motor oil for the hydraulics, and I am sure there is some residual in the cylinder so I need to be careful with flame. I have pipe wrenches, including a Rigid pipe wrench that is at least 3 feet long, but there really isn't enough clearance to bite a 9/16 inch nut with it. I will try more heat and a smaller pipe wrench however. I use cheater pipes on most everything now that I am a senior citizen and have nothing to prove to the neighbor ladies or anyone else.

/ Frustrating but simple problem #9  
I'm old as well and a cheater pipe for me is standard equipment. IMO, PBlaster is worthless, use acetone and ATF in a spritz bottle. Much better.
Never heard of this combo before. Sounds interesting. :unsure:(Acetone and ATF)

/ Frustrating but simple problem #10  
I also use the Acetone and ATF. works great.