Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,561  
Engineer 42 - that is awesome, thank you for snapping a photo and sharing it. Love it.

that bell on the front is pretty cool

1660776990723.png

/ Good morning!!!! #154,562  
"Been a busy couple of weeks since I've been on here"

Good to read your still making dust PJ :) wishing you many many more trips around the sun.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,566  
Have you considered one of the new salt less water conditioners, Don? I always thought they were snake oil, but I see now the local Culligan franchise is selling them, too.
It does seem easy just some filters to change once a year, and a must if you have hard water and a septic tank.

However I already have the new water softener installed. I read the Insurance policy Equipment Breakdown Coverage rider very carefully and it looks like a gray area and how regular wear and tear are identified as opposed to premature failure. An adjuster will contact me.

My new water softener is actually a 3 compartments of water treatment -
1. Chlorstat - effectively reduces chlorine (chlorostat-KDF55), heavy metals and control micro-organisms from municipal water supplies.
2. PC Carbon - reduces taste, odor, and most man-made pollutants from water, including chlorine
3. Fine Mesh Resin with Bacteriostat - ion exchange process happens more quickly to remove calcium and magnesium, and a Bacteriastat device and located in the bottom of protects your media from bacteria growth. Bacteriastat is an agent that keeps your water softener from developing smells and odors.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,568  
Kyle, what kind of stuff do you make on a CNC?
Funny thing you ask, besides milling some Laser sintering build plates to clean them up for another build, I'll hopefully make some programs to show off the current technology available on cnc mills to a bunch of people. There will be work for it. I'll be supervising, and visualizing/checking their programs prior to setup.

Here's a video similar to the one we are supposed to get, only we are getting 1 size larger machine.

Drew, I found this to compare new to old. There are some things they aren't telling the full truth....Pricing starts low, but options can almost double the price. Many options you would kick yourself for not getting with the initial machine purchase.

62°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 82° today.

Been a busy couple of weeks since I've been on here ... a story I'll relate at some point. Looks like I have about 500 posts to get through during my "catching up" attempt. You guys sure do stay awfully busy.

Took a few days off this week to do some stuff with The Wife, as she had some time off as well. We did some kayaking on a small lake for a few hours Sunday morning. Took a drive up the Great River Road to Grafton IL on Monday and celebrated the completion of my 56th trip around the sun, sitting up on the bluff overlooking the Mississippi River with a glass of wine and a tasty charcuterie board, then walked around the town and visited a few little shops. Tuesday was a little rainy, so we went over to St. Louis to take in the new Aquarium at Union Station, and took a ride on the big 200' high observation wheel, lunch at a soda shop that used to be the Hard Rock Cafe, then off to the Zoo after the rain ended, where we walked through their "Dinoroarus" exhibit, and most of the rest of the place. Kind of a mini staycation.

We were planning to play some golf this morning, but both of us have been having some back issues this week, so it's just a stay-at-home-and-chill day instead. Just fired up the studio computer, so that's where you can find me for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone here is well.

Good morning / afternoon, gents.
Happy Birthday! I was right! I was hoping you were just spending some quality time with your lovely wifey.
It does seem easy just some filters to change once a year, and a must if you have hard water and a septic tank.

However I already have the new water softener installed. I read the Insurance policy Equipment Breakdown Coverage rider very carefully and it looks like a gray area and how regular wear and tear are identified as opposed to premature failure. An adjuster will contact me.

My new water softener is actually a 3 compartments of water treatment -
1. Chlorstat - effectively reduces chlorine (chlorostat-KDF55), heavy metals and control micro-organisms from municipal water supplies.
2. PC Carbon - reduces taste, odor, and most man-made pollutants from water, including chlorine
3. Fine Mesh Resin with Bacteriostat - ion exchange process happens more quickly to remove calcium and magnesium, and a Bacteriastat device and located in the bottom of protects your media from bacteria growth. Bacteriastat is an agent that keeps your water softener from developing smells and odors.
One would be surprised of what Reverse Osmosis, activated charcoal, UV light, and a silver lining can accomplish. Some public pools use chlorine and ozone to keep bad stuff killed. does it give a gallons per hour it can produce? How big is storage tank? I hope y'all like it.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,569  
67F and mostly cloudy @ 21:45, heading down to a low of around 58F overnight. High hit 79.3F here today. Had some sprinkles around 13:00 but never developed into anything significant ... just spitting mostly.

Filled hopper feeder first thing after I got back from appointments in town.

Then got another 6 asparagus planted (in a row in front of the zucchini, midway in the image):

IMG_1950.JPG

Still have 3 to go but will need to do some more tilling and enlarge the bed a little first.

Woman watered all the summer squash on the back (south side) of the frog pond, plus some of what is growing in the flower bed, also harvested another 4 smaller yellow crookneck squash which we had with dinner tonight.

I watered and fed the peppers and tomato plants after that, Woman did a little weeding around those and we got a tomato cage put around the second largest tomato plant.

Then we planted 4 more bell pepper plants and 3 eggplants (below):

IMG_1951.JPG

Got those all caged, watered in, and fed.

Still have more bell peppers and eggplants growing in pots that we need to get in the ground, probably do that tomorrow along with some strawberry plants.

Woman said there was a fawn lying in the west planting bed among the hosta when She went inside this afternoon, just laying there munching on the plants. They've eaten all the leaves off the large blue-green hosta over there at this point. Will need to trim the stalks back.

After planting the peppers and eggplant, I planted another 3 winter squash (or pumpkins) over on the east side of the garden.

Got the Water Buffalo refilled while I was prepping the bed for the strawberries.

Just remembered I left the windows down in Her car. Need to go roll those up.

Hope everyone had a great Wednesday ... (y)