Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,562  
Good morning! I am right there with the coolest group this morning at 51˚F !!!!!!
Only expecting to go to the upper 80s today. 10˚ drop in temp makes me feel 10 years younger.

Yesterday I had a terrible experience trying to pull the okra out of the garden. I had a short sleeve shirt on and the okra was burning my arms like Bull Nettle. I had to stop and wash them but it did not help and had to go home and get some Benadryl cream. My next attempt will be with a long sleeve shirt and gloves.
You were younger than me today!
I was wondering about picking all that okra...if you got the itchies or not. I usually take some pruners out to do it....and I don't even like okra. For years it just volunteered to grow in my garden late season. Not this year. Too dry, too hot.
Good Morning!!!! An even 70F this morning at 6:00 AM.
A good deal of sunshine. High 89F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

Nice to read some good news here in the GM thread!

Lately I've been seeing a pair of jackrabbits in the overnight security cam videos. Not sure if that's good or bad, but it probably means I'll be seeing little jackrabbits in not too long. I've also been seeing a pair of foxes hanging out, so maybe it'll all balance out?

On the last trip, I noticed that the "air cannon" horn on the zebra bike sounded more like a wounded goose than a cannon. This is the third one I've had, and all three failed prematurely. A few years ago I put a pair of Hella horns on the van, and they're nice and loud, and sound nothing like a goose. Yesterday the cannon goose made it into the trash can, and a new pair of the Hellas were wired in, ready for the next careless driver that tries to come into my lane. Yeah, that happens at least once on almost every trip.

The annual Airheads campout in Sequoia National Park is this coming weekend, and Wednesday I'm headed out to meet up with some friends in SoCal for the ride over. Looking forward to some cooler temperatures and dry weather (for a change).
It would be nice to have some loud horns on a bike. Rich needs some when he puts his steel shoe on and starts passing those young bucks!!! Coming thru!

Sequoia sounds like a great place. Been a bucket list item for me a long time now. Don't know if I'll ever make it. Always wanted to try to plant some sequoia seedlings here and establish a new rookerie.

There were many old cartoons here stateside, that used a stork to deliver babies. It might have had me fooled until 6 or 7 yo.

Work went well today. Had to have a meeting to dissolve a dispute over a possible unsafe machining method. I believe we have it resolved. Had a good talk with the faculty after it was over.

PJS, any news on the job front? BEF too?

Buppies and Roy, pray y'all get feeling better, also for Ellen and family, Helogabals healing, our country, Ukraine, and for Putin to come to his senses.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,563  
Done mowing for the day. Finished yesterday’s area olus Hilo near and mid. Still very dry and dusty. Went quite well, only had to clean radiator screen twice. Finished in about 4 hours, now time for a cold one.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,565  
Good evening all. 54ºF for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Light wind, mostly clear sky, and high temp was 89ºF. Bike ride to start day, pulled more sandburs and re-glued screen for golf cart back up. Need to replace it screen breaking up. Did get nap in. Most of lawn not growing fast with no rain and cooler temps.
David sorry about post lost. That why I do my posts in word processor and delete after posting.
David hoe generous to offer your place as gathering spot. Any accommodations nearby for overflow?
David good progress on mowing. Glad pizza worked in air fryer.
Helogabals no white pelicans but do have white pelicans that migrate past here.
Scaredy nice daughters. Nice catch on Chevy magazine. Hope you finally get ZTR. Congrats Lottery hatching out.
Roy did not push it, you will still have to drive home.
Drew hope friends okay. Good idea to use mower or golf cart to do more packing
Buppies good to hear good time sleeping, prayers sent.
Mike hope window went well. Hope BIL comes through hurricane ok. Good luck with insurance and lawyers.
Frits hope wife gets antibodies, hope dr. visit went well.
Bill sorry about the rain delay, you could always sent it to Texas :)
Paul sorry about choke cable, I remember alternators with TSO number triple of the non TSO one in auto shop, came off same assembly line. Good work on plug, Hope trip was safe.
Don glad you are enjoying weather, sorry about okra and your arms.
Ken sorry about dog. They don't make appliances like they used to.
Scotty sorry about heat, hope it does not last to long. Wonder if it was drought or predators that got the bunnies.
PJ that will be cool in the morning. I remember seeing the stork delivering babies in cartoons.
RNG I think the foxes will keep rabbits in check. Sorry about the horn, hope the Hellas work better, longer. Have fun on Airhead camp-out.
Mark good evening.
RS hope you are getting some drying out.
David hope you can get mowing done.
Dennis sorry about dental work Hope is not too painful too long.
Roy ouch!
Frits nice looking vehicle.
Thomas glad nothing important to take care after work.
Kyle glad were able to deal with unsafe machining practice.
David glad mowing went well.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter and family drama, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, , Roy /palpitations, /angina, /alligatoritus, /wife ankle,recover from getting sick, Billy /wife back & hip, mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /internal issues, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Frits/ daughters hip replacement /veteran son with mental issues, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou / eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife headaches, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans and land purchase and development, / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery,Mike /spine injury and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,566  
My oldest brother is back in hospital.

My mouth a little better.

Still learning turbocad. The cabin keeps growing.

Kyle, new job starts in 2 weeks. Got the start instructions today, need to give official notice.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,567  
Scaredy, Nice pic of your kids. You must be very proud of your
adopted kids. We adopted among other kids a sibling group of 3 ages 1, 5 and 7. At the time we went from 3 adopted kids to 6. That changed the lifestyle big time.
Thank you. Yes adoption has had a big impact on our lives also, Blessings and God's handiwork for sure. Lots of stories, but one of my favourite memories was driving to the airport the morning that my wife returned from Haiti with the sibling pair. <3 I drove out with our daughter, who hours later, became the middle child :)

Sequoia National Park
one of my favourite places

another dump run today, then scraps pick up from the local grocery store, the chickens are well fed :) My truck has been very useful these days.

wife says that she is on her way home in the next day or two - we'll see ❤️

🤠

/ Good morning!!!! #156,568  
Good morning, low temp 44 and high to 48°F. 30% chance of rain. The next 5 days are going to be good, though. Temps in the mid 50's and no rain.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #156,569  
2022-09-28, 0358

53° right now...high in the low 60's

Starting to feel human again...ate some solid food (English muffin and some peanut butter crackers) yesterday...not much, but first time in a week. Not sure if I'm going to work from home or go in. I feel like I should go in, but I'm not sure if I have the stamina. I'll make the decision after I shower...